TIMES UP BICYCLE RIDE (NYC) AND COMMUNITY GARDENING BASH!!!

*Because **Nyc*

Guest
From: [email protected](TIME'S=A0UP!) Date: Wed, Jul 7, 2004, 4:48am
(EDT+4) To: [email protected]
Subject: ::

UPCOMING TIME'S UP EVENTS ::

Please join Time's Up! for the following events and rides.
Details follow headlines below:
***************
***************
PROSPECT PARK MOONLIGHT RIDE
9:00 p.m. at Grand Army Plaza in Brooklyn Saturday, July 10
***************
***************
TIME'S UP! BROOKLYN COMMITTEE MEETING/PICNIC Sunday, July 11
meet 1:00 p.m. at Grand Army Plaza entrance to Prospect Park
***************
***************
RNC EVENT PLANNING MEETINGS Sunday July 11 meet 5 p.m. at 49
Houston St. between Mott and Mulberry
***************
***************
TRAFFIC CALMING RIDE -- PROSPECT PARK Prospect Park: Meet
at the Grand Army Plaza entrance at 6:00 p.m. Friday,
July 16, 2004
***************
***************
CYCLONE RIDE Friday, July 16 7 p.m. at the Manhattan side of
the Brooklyn Bridge (additional meeting spots listed below)
***************
***************
COMMUNITY GARDENING Sunday, July 18, 2004 Starts at 1 p.m.
United We Stand Garden, 138th St and Cypress Ave, Bronx.
(Closest subway: 6 at Cypress Ave and 138th St. Garden by
southwest corner in St. Lukes Park.)

***************
***************

HERE ARE THE DETAILS:

***************
***************

PROSPECT PARK MOONLIGHT RIDE
10:00 p.m. at Grand Army Plaza in Brooklyn Saturday, July 10
Join us in a peaceful auto-free ride as we discover
Prospect Park at night. Totally safe bike guides front
and rear, new ride leader: Coralee

***************
***************

TIME'S UP! BROOKLYN COMMITTEE MEETING/PICNIC Sunday, July 11
meet 1:00 p.m. at Grand Army Plaza entrance to Prospect
Park, bring your ideas and food to share. When people arrive
we will be walking across the loop rode for our picnic on
the grass. If you don't see us call Rich's cell phone: 718
938-9836. Meeting agenda will include:

11. rap up from the Nets Stadium rally

12. continuing the Moonlight ride.

13. new critical mass ride for Brooklyn

14. Prospect Park Traffic calming demonstrations which are
going great but we could use more help to continue this
campaign, finances, lawyers,
p.r. people, promotions, etc.

5. other Brooklyn events.

***************
***************

RNC EVENT PLANNING MEETINGS Sunday July 11 meet 5 p.m. at 49
Houston St. between Mott and Mulberry

Come join us for a planning meeting promoting positive
sustainable environmental events during the Republican
National Convention. Possible meeting agenda will include:

6. Bike national convention
7. welcome ride and RNC critical mass
8. fundraising events
9. bike bloc
10. indoor bicycle workshop space
11. ?

***************
***************

TRAFFIC CALMING RIDE -- PROSPECT PARK TOO! Prospect Park:
Meet at the Grand Army Plaza entrance at 6:00 p.m. Friday,
July 16, 2004 This is a ride in Brooklyn's Prospect Park to
help make park roads auto-free.

We roll two by two in a single traffic lane around the
southern Loop Road. This is intended as a non-
confrontational ride to slow down car traffic during the
hours the park is open to cars. The ride lasts about one
hour or until the start of the park's auto-free hours.
***************
***************
CYCLONE RIDE Friday, July 16 7 p.m. at the Manhattan side of
the Brooklyn Bridge (southwest corner of Chambers and Centre
Street/Park Row)

OR

12:25 in Brooklyn at the Carroll St. Drawbridge (Carroll St.
between Nevins and Bond) OR

13:50 at the 69th Street Pier in Brooklyn at the Shore
Parkway bicycle path entrance (take 68th Street past
Owl's Head Park and bear right).

The Cyclone Ride goes to Coney Island Amusement Park
(Brooklyn) from Manhattan. In July and August, we should get
there just in time for fireworks! This is a casual ride at a
relaxed pace.

Bring locks as we plan to lock up and ride the rides. Bring
money for food and amusements, and a swimsuit if you plan to
hit the waves. We usually spend about an hour and a half in
the park, on the beach (and in the water!), on the
boardwalk, and at Nathan's, and everyone has a GREAT time!
Some people return on the subway, and others ride.
***************
***************

=A0=A0COMMUNITY GARDENING Sunday, July 18, 2004 Starts at 1
p.m.

United We Stand Garden, 138th St and Cypress Ave, Bronx.
(Closest subway: 6 at Cypress Ave and 138th St. Garden by
southwest corner in St. Lukes Park.) Many of the gardens we
have worked with in past seasons have been saved, thanks to
everyone lending a hand! In 2003

TIME'S UP! worked with Greenthumb to help community gardens
on the borderline for future development. In 2004 we are
focusing on gardens in the Bronx. This is a great
opportunity for us to actively help make these gardens
permanent and have fun gardening. Please come out--everyone
is welcome.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3-
=D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= 3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3-
=D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

TIME'S UP! is a direct-action environmental group that uses
events and educational programs to promote a safer, quieter,
friendlier, and more environmentally sustainable city. We're
community-based, all-volunteer, and non-profit. It's easy to
help: Join! See www.times-up.org or call 212-802-8222 for
more information.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3-
=D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= 3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3-
=D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
To unsubscribe from the Time's Up! list, reply to this email
with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject line. We promise
we will stop sending you email.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3-
=D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= 3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
The above message x-posted as a public service to the community...x-
poster cannot ride but she can garden..has flower bulbs
rescued available for such. pickup anyone?
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3-
=D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= 3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

(-->>BeTTeR LiVinG Thru BetteR LiVING !!<<----)

GABRIELLI WINERY & VINEYARDS OF MENDOCINO For The BIGGEST
BOLDEST & SASSIEST REDS:

Piquant PINOT NOIRs: http://www.gabrielli-winery.com

http://community.webtv.net/rosaphilia/h2Rosaphilias