timex body link

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by cbible27, Nov 30, 2003.

1. cbible27

cbible27 New Member

Can anybody share personal experience with the timex body link gps/HR? Is it reliable? Annoying?

Tags:

2. takrawspiker

takrawspiker New Member

I haven't personally tried the timex bodylink, but i have been doing some research on hrm. From what i have heard, that particular model has a tendency of being inacurate with the hr because the monitor is located right on the wrist instead of around the chest.
    I would keep up with your research and keep asking around though. try asking at running stores or bike shops that sell that particular monitor. that's how i found out.

3. S-WORKS

S-WORKS New Member

I have had the Timex model 59551 since Christmas and it has been a blast. (OK I'm a bit geeky about gadgets) This model has the chest sensor HRM and an arm band GPS. Both are very easy to use and seem very accurate. The GPS is keeping me honest about my training, I always over estimate the distance I run. The pace feature and pace alarms are very useful too.

The only down side is that the GPS is only splash resistant so I feel that I shouldn't use it in the rain.

BTW you can get a good deal online. I paid $209 on jomashop.com