Timex Bodylink System Now Available

I've been waiting for this for about a year...Love my Polar S710, but it lacks some nice
functionality on the run...two questions:

1. Why didn't they integrate the data recorder into the watch or GPS unit?...having to carry a
fourth piece of hardware strikes me as excessive.

2. Around a year ago when I bought speed/distance, a timex rep said he thought the old units would
be compatible with the HRM's when they came out...anybody know if you can just purchase a HRM
strap and the data unit, and get full functionality by using the watch that originally came with
speed/distance?

"joe timex" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> The new Timex bodylink system with speed + distance and Heartrate is now available in limited
> quantities.
>
> http://bodylink.timexstore.com

You will be able to buy the data recorder and a HRM strap and use with your SD watch and GPS they
are fully compatible. The stand alone strap and data recorder will be available in a few weeks right
now just the 59551 SD + HR is available. The data recorder is tiny you can clip it to the HRM strap
or gps armband.

more information here. http://bodylink.timexstore.com

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 23:35:18 GMT, "StanSD" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I've been waiting for this for about a year...Love my Polar S710, but it lacks some nice
>functionality on the run...two questions:
>
>1. Why didn't they integrate the data recorder into the watch or GPS unit?...having to carry a
> fourth piece of hardware strikes me as excessive.
>
>2. Around a year ago when I bought speed/distance, a timex rep said he thought the old units would
> be compatible with the HRM's when they came out...anybody know if you can just purchase a HRM
> strap and the data unit, and get full functionality by using the watch that originally came with
> speed/distance?
>
>"joe timex" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> The new Timex bodylink system with speed + distance and Heartrate is now available in limited
>> quantities.
>>
>> http://bodylink.timexstore.com

Do you know whether the data recorder will record HR data from a Polar HR belt. I have a Polar S610
and teh Timex S+D. Will I just be able to buy the data recorder or will I have to buy the new Timex
witch and strap to record HR and speed and distance info?

"joe timex" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> You will be able to buy the data recorder and a HRM strap and use with your SD watch and GPS they
> are fully compatible. The stand alone strap and data recorder will be available in a few weeks
> right now just the 59551 SD + HR is available. The data recorder is tiny you can clip it to the
> HRM strap or gps armband.
>
> more information here. http://bodylink.timexstore.com
>
> On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 23:35:18 GMT, "StanSD" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I've been waiting for this for about a year...Love my Polar S710, but it lacks some nice
> >functionality on the run...two questions:
> >
> >1. Why didn't they integrate the data recorder into the watch or GPS unit?...having to carry a
> > fourth piece of hardware strikes me as
excessive.

> >2. Around a year ago when I bought speed/distance, a timex rep said he thought the old units
> > would be compatible with the HRM's when they came out...anybody know if you can just purchase
> > a HRM strap and the data
unit,
> >and get full functionality by using the watch that originally came with speed/distance?
> >
> >"joe timex" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >> The new Timex bodylink system with speed + distance and Heartrate is now available in limited
> >> quantities.
> >>
> >> http://bodylink.timexstore.com

The data recorder will not work with a polar belt but it will work with any Timex digital HRM belt.
The data recorder does not require a watch to record HR however your SD watch will not display HR
during your run. We have put together a FAQ at
http://bodylink.timexstore.com/helix/timex_bodylink_system_faq.htm it may answer more of your
questions.

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 09:35:43 +0000 (UTC), "Tom Hinchliffe" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Do you know whether the data recorder will record HR data from a Polar HR belt. I have a Polar S610
>and teh Timex S+D. Will I just be able to buy the data recorder or will I have to buy the new Timex
>witch and strap to record HR and speed and distance info?
>
>"joe timex" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> You will be able to buy the data recorder and a HRM strap and use with your SD watch and GPS they
>> are fully compatible. The stand alone strap and data recorder will be available in a few weeks
>> right now just the 59551 SD + HR is available. The data recorder is tiny you can clip it to the
>> HRM strap or gps armband.
>>
>> more information here. http://bodylink.timexstore.com
>>
>> On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 23:35:18 GMT, "StanSD" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >I've been waiting for this for about a year...Love my Polar S710, but it lacks some nice
>> >functionality on the run...two questions:
>> >
>> >1. Why didn't they integrate the data recorder into the watch or GPS unit?...having to carry a
>> > fourth piece of hardware strikes me as
>excessive.
>> >
>> >2. Around a year ago when I bought speed/distance, a timex rep said he thought the old units
>> > would be compatible with the HRM's when they came out...anybody know if you can just purchase
>> > a HRM strap and the data
>unit,
>> >and get full functionality by using the watch that originally came with speed/distance?
>> >
>> >"joe timex" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >news:[email protected]...

"Tom Hinchliffe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Do you know whether the data recorder will record HR data from a Polar HR belt. I have a Polar
> S610 and teh Timex S+D. Will I just be able to buy the data recorder or will I have to buy the new
> Timex witch and strap to record HR and speed and distance info?

I was told I would need to buy the Timex HRM and BodyLink data recorder. Using the new Timex HRM,
the watch will read/show both distance and HR. BTW, the software will download in generic file
format... so, data will be transferable (at least that's what I was told).

(I currently use a S510 (piece of ****) Polar and the Timex S+D combo)

Joe M

> "joe timex" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > You will be able to buy the data recorder and a HRM strap and use with your SD watch and GPS
> > they are fully compatible. The stand alone strap and data recorder will be available in a few
> > weeks right now just the 59551 SD + HR is available. The data recorder is tiny you can clip it
> > to the HRM strap or gps armband.
> >
> > more information here. http://bodylink.timexstore.com
> >
> > On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 23:35:18 GMT, "StanSD" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > >I've been waiting for this for about a year...Love my Polar S710, but it lacks some nice
> > >functionality on the run...two questions:
> > >
> > >1. Why didn't they integrate the data recorder into the watch or GPS unit?...having to carry a
> > > fourth piece of hardware strikes me as
> excessive.
> > >
> > >2. Around a year ago when I bought speed/distance, a timex rep said he thought the old units
> > > would be compatible with the HRM's when they came out...anybody know if you can just
> > > purchase a HRM strap and the data
> unit,
> > >and get full functionality by using the watch that originally came with speed/distance?
> > >
> > >"joe timex" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > >news:[email protected]...

You can use the data recorder without a watch it recorder data from the GPS and strap directly.

Your old speed distance watch will not display heart rate.

check out the faq at bodylink.timexstore.com

your best bet is to get the bodylink 59571
http://bodylink.timexstore.com/helix/bodylink_system_59571_heart_rate.htm

>I was told I would need to buy the Timex HRM and BodyLink data recorder. Using the new Timex HRM,
>the watch will read/show both distance and HR. BTW, the software will download in generic file
>format... so, data will be transferable (at least that's what I was told).
>
>(I currently use a S510 (piece of ****) Polar and the Timex S+D combo)
>
>Joe M
>

>> "joe timex" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> > You will be able to buy the data recorder and a HRM strap and use with your SD watch and GPS
>> > they are fully compatible. The stand alone strap and data recorder will be available in a few
>> > weeks right now just the 59551 SD + HR is available. The data recorder is tiny you can clip it
>> > to the HRM strap or gps armband.
>> >
>> > more information here. http://bodylink.timexstore.com

>> excessive.

>> unit,

Yes, Just purchase the bodylink 59561 speed + distance it works with your strap and add the data
recorder when available.

http://timexbodylink.info/helix/bodylink_system_59561_speed_distance.htm