timex data recorder question

Patrick

Guest
I've seen in some older posts some reviews of the timex data recorder (part of the bodylink system),
the feedback that it was unacceptable. There was no detail as to what the problem was. Can/will
someone with some experience provide more info? I'm thinking of getting the gps/heart monitor combo
and adding the data recorder.

thanks in advance,

Pat

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 Patrick <[email protected]> wrote:
> I've seen in some older posts some reviews of the timex data recorder (part of the bodylink
> system), the feedback that it was unacceptable. There was no detail as to what the problem was.
> Can/will someone with some experience provide more info? I'm thinking of getting the gps/heart
> monitor combo and adding the data recorder.
>
> thanks in advance,
>
> Pat

I have a Timex Bodylink system and I think that the Data recorder is great. I've never had any
problems with it at all except for one race beside an array of radar stations that interfered with
the system. Gave me 20 sessions instead of one!

Its a great system and I'm very glad I got mine.

Timex - When you care enough to own the second best.

I just purchased the Timex Ironman GPS from Wal-Mart for $138. It works fine here in the mountains
and I have never lost signal. Initially it takes about five minutes for it to find the satellites
and then after that it locks on in about a minute or so. It does not have the HRM. However the data
unit has been down sized from the older models.

Now I can take off running on my long runs any direction and know how far I have run. Before I
use to run the same pre-measured course. Very boring. Here is a link to the one on Wal-Mart.Com.
It lists all the features of the unit.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?cat=4134&dept=4125&product_id=194
2944&path=0%3A4125%3A4134%3A5150

--
R.Robinson
rrockslid"attt"earthlink.net

VITOdelapata wrote:
> I just purchased the Timex Ironman GPS from Wal-Mart for $138. It works fine here in the
> mountains and I have never lost signal. Initially it takes about five minutes for it to find
> the satellites and then after that it locks on in about a minute or so.

If you stand still during its intial search, it'll usually lock on within 45 seconds.

HTH

Tim

--
Remove the obvious to reply by email. Please support rheumatoid arthritis research! Visit
http://www.justgiving.com/pfp/speyside or http://www,justgiving.com/speyside if you're a UK

i was looking at the data recorder but i can't figure out this one thing....do you have to cary it
with you on your run as well as the gps unit, or do you somehow hook it up to the gps with a cable
after your run?

"VITOdelapata" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> I just purchased the Timex Ironman GPS from Wal-Mart for $138. It
works
> fine here in the mountains and I have never lost signal. Initially it
takes
> about five minutes for it to find the satellites and then after that it locks on in about a minute
> or so. It does not have the HRM. However the data unit has been down sized from the older models.
>
> Now I can take off running on my long runs any direction and know how far I have run. Before I
> use to run the same pre-measured course. Very boring. Here is a link to the one on Wal-
> Mart.Com. It lists all the features of the unit.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?cat=4134&dept=4125&product_id=194
> 2944&path=0%3A4125%3A4134%3A5150
>
> --
> R.Robinson rrockslid"attt"earthlink.net

>i was looking at the data recorder but i can't figure out this one
thing....do you have to cary it with you on your run as well as the gps unit, or do you somehow hook
it up to the gps with a >cable after your run?

The watch and the gps unit are two different units. You must have both within three feet of each
other to work. You can clip it on your waist band or it comes with a strap to put around your arm.
You hardly notice it at all.

http://www.timex.com/spd/products.html
--
R.Robinson
rrockslide$earthlink.net

i have the watch and gps unit, but I am wondering if the data recorder needs to go along on runs as
well to record the information. or if it is a unit you use when you are done at home.

news:[email protected]...