timex gps weirdness

Kerry Neilson

Guest
I thought I'd noticed a few times lately that the stopwatch timer was acting weird. I twice thought
that I looked when the watch said
10:30, then moments later it would say 10:05. But the final value would always seem correct. This
happened again tonight. I was certain the timer was at 17:30, then later it was about the same. I
wondered if it compensated for its errors, and sure enough, I watched the timer rollover from
17:59 to 19:00. So it screwed up but corrected itself.

Could this just be a low battery? Anyone seen this?

On 3 Mar 2004 19:33:52 -0800, [email protected] (Kerry Neilson)
wrote:

>I thought I'd noticed a few times lately that the stopwatch timer was acting weird. I twice thought
>that I looked when the watch said
>10:30, then moments later it would say 10:05. But the final value would always seem correct. This
> happened again tonight. I was certain the timer was at 17:30, then later it was about the same.
> I wondered if it compensated for its errors, and sure enough, I watched the timer rollover from
> 17:59 to 19:00. So it screwed up but corrected itself.
>
>Could this just be a low battery? Anyone seen this?

It's a little-known fact that GPS systems disrupt the space : time continuum. Thus you can, in
actuality, be in two different places and in two different times simultaneously.

I suggest that you purchase a large ball of string. Tie one end of the string to your front door and
carry the ball, unwinding it as you run. That way, if the infernal GPS machine whooshes you into
another dimension, all you have to do is follow the string back to your original time and place and
you can log onto rec.running to ***** about the thing again.

OTOH, you could throw away the GPS and get back to real running.

"Pris Stratton" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> OTOH, you could throw away the GPS and get back to real running.

Along with your HRM and other such fripperies that real runners don't need. ;-)

Tim

(ps How are the dreams? Galvanically ovine?)

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 16:00:34 -0000, "Tim Downie"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>(ps How are the dreams? Galvanically ovine?)

The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the
meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.

Philip K ****.

"Tim Downie" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> "Pris Stratton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
>> OTOH, you could throw away the GPS and get back to real running.
>
> Along with your HRM and other such fripperies that real runners don't need. ;-)

Then I guess you and I are not real runners. Gotta love that GPS. ;-)

Phil

--
There's somebody at every dinner party who eats all the celery."
-Kin Hubbard

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 16:26:58 +0000, Pris Stratton
<[email protected]> wrote:

>The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the
>meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
>
>Philip K ****.

Very nice.

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 20:14:17 GMT, joe positive <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 16:26:58 +0000, Pris Stratton <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control
>>the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
>>
>>Philip K ****.
>
>Very nice.

You disapprove, Karen?

[very nice Phillip K **** quotation went here]

>>Very nice.
>
>You disapprove, Karen?

No. I said "Very nice." This means, um, "very nice." In other words, I liked the quotation. Thanks
for posting it.