Timex Heart Rate Monitor?

Plainsman

Jan 18, 2005
Has anyone ever used a Timex HRM? I'm on a budget ($90 or under) and the '05 Timex c402 and c411 seem to have a ton of features for the money. I've just started road biking, so I'm looking for basic features, plus something that will be a decent watch/timer during the week. Any comments or suggestions?

I had a Timex HRM and sent it back pronto. Blasted thing didn't work. Maybe I got a lemon, but they were selling them at a blowout price. Perhaps for a good reason?

Plainsman said:
Has anyone ever used a Timex HRM? I'm on a budget ($90 or under) and the '05 Timex c402 and c411 seem to have a ton of features for the money. I've just started road biking, so I'm looking for basic features, plus something that will be a decent watch/timer during the week. Any comments or suggestions?

I have heard some negative feedback on some of their earlier models. Which model did you have, and when did you get it?

Plainsman said:
I have heard some negative feedback on some of their earlier models. Which model did you have, and when did you get it?
I got a Timex 1440 at Meijers for $15 that works excellent. It has upper and lower limits (with arrows to keep you in the range), as well as normal watch functions......time, date, stop watch w/split and even indiglo!

Robbie

Thanks for the feedback. The price was right, so I just took the plunge on an 05 Ironman. It should be in tomorrow, so I'll see for myself if it is up to par.