Timex Ironman GPS T53501



V

Vitodelapata

Guest
Today I used this unit for the first time on my long run. This is a great tool for runners, cyclists
and anyone else that needs to measure speed and distance. It measured my average speed, pace, best
average and distance. The model I bought has a 50 lap memory recall so it does not have the alarm
function for setting your pace. It seems to be accurate, as I tested it the day before around the
track at the local university. The measurement for 4 laps around was 1.002! Also, on my long runs,
which are 8 miles, there and back, it showed 8.43 one way. So my total was off by almost a mile.

The only thing I did wrong was to have it set for average speed instead of pace. So it showed my
average pace at 9.06 per mile and I thought it was pace, so I was running faster to get down to
my 8.0 per mile. Just about killed myself, as all my runs involve hills! Finally after seven
miles I realized my error and put it on pace. Usually I try to run negative splits,
8. per mile going and 7.30 per mile coming back. Also, it is real easy to hit the start and stop
button on the GPS unit. They need to redesign it so it is not so vulnerable to be hit. Other than
that I love this unit.

--
R.Robinson
rrockslide"AT"earthlink.net
 
I

In Another Life

Guest
On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 18:17:49 GMT, "VITOdelapata" <[email protected]>
wrote:

OK, THAT'S IT!

The very next person that posts on these bloody silly toys is on my hate list until Bush is
voted out.
 
D

Doug Freese

Guest
In another life, when we are both cats wrote:

> On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 18:17:49 GMT, "VITOdelapata" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> OK, THAT'S IT!
>
> The very next person that posts on these bloody silly toys is on my hate list until Bush is
> voted out.

Let's hope this is his last year. If we give Bubba another four the decision to live in Mali or
Alaska will be moot. Alaska will be one big parking lot except for the oil rigs and pipelines. The
ozone will be gone and we will all live underground and run on Tmills with music so we can't hear
the 5 year old children crying while they work on the assembly line for 5 cents an hour.

--
Doug Freese "Caveat Lector" [email protected]
 
T

Tenkman

Guest
"Doug Freese" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
> Let's hope this is his last year. If we give Bubba another four the decision to live in Mali or
> Alaska will be moot. Alaska will be one big parking lot except for the oil rigs and pipelines. The
> ozone will be gone and we will all live underground and run on Tmills with music so we can't hear
> the 5 year old children crying while they work on the assembly line for 5 cents an hour.

Is this the old age or the too many ultras talking? Bush will win and things will rock dude.

>
> --
> Doug Freese "Caveat Lector" [email protected]
 
S

Swstudio

Guest
Doug Freese" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Let's hope this is his last year. If we give Bubba another four the decision to live in Mali or
> Alaska will be moot. Alaska will be one big parking lot except for the oil rigs and pipelines. The
> ozone will be gone and we will all live underground and run on Tmills with music so we can't hear
> the 5 year old children crying while they work on the assembly line for 5 cents an hour.

Amen.

cheers,
--
David (in Hamilton, ON) www.allfalldown.org
 
I

In Another Life

Guest
On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 07:56:16 -0700, "TenKMan" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Is this the old age or the too many ultras talking? Bush will win and things will rock dude.

Far be it from me to interfere in the politics of another land - god knows, we Brits lack the right
to criticise anyone in this respect - but I must say it's rather difficult to spot, from a distance,
just what GWB has done for you, other than to ******** most of the Muslim world, Europe, Japan, and
a fair percentage of your fellow citizens.

Perhaps you could tell me precisely *what* positive joy he's brought to the party? I'm
here to learn.
 
A

Asswiper Toilet

Guest
"In another life, when we are both cats" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 07:56:16 -0700, "TenKMan" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Is this the old age or the too many ultras talking? Bush will win and things will rock dude.
>
> Far be it from me to interfere in the politics of another land - god knows, we Brits lack the
> right to criticise anyone in this respect - but I must say it's rather difficult to spot, from a
> distance, just what GWB has done for you, other than to ******** most of the Muslim world, Europe,
> Japan, and a fair percentage of your fellow citizens.
>
> Perhaps you could tell me precisely *what* positive joy he's brought to the party? I'm here
> to learn.

Doug is an asswipe, you must excuse/ignore/taunt him. 80% of america wants the chimp OUT OF OFFICE,
however as the last election proved what 'we the people' want means squat in this country. Electoral
votes are all that count in mother USA, our voices and votes mean nothing, and our sham of being a
democracy has been exposed.
 
W

Wholovesya?

Guest
[email protected] (Asswiper Toilet Paper) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

WHO WAS IT, THREATENED THE PRESIDENT?

WHO ADVOCATED AID TO TERRORISTS?

YEP, our own BILL DAVIDSON, just one day after the 9-11 attack, while the victims were
still burning.
___________________________________________________
"we should bomb that pathetic excuse for a man too, or at least give his location to every terrorist
group we can find, and let them take him out. Just what we need in the white house, a coked-up
dopehead running the country".

From: MrRobotTow ([email protected]) Subject: Re: The Only Thing Newsgroups:
rec.music.makers.bagpipe Date: 2001-09-12 03:00:32 PST

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=pathetic+pea-brain+mrrobottow&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-
8&selm=20010912055959.21715.00001917%40mb-fi.aol.com&rnum=3
___________________________________________________

YO! Homeland Security dudes: KEY PHRASES! BOMB "WHITE HOUSE" "TERRORIST GROUP"

THERE'S YER ANTISOCIAL NUT CASE, RIGHT THERE! COULD BE another John Hinckley. Check him out!

This US citizen publicly called for AID to TERRORISTS: IS HIS NAME ON YOUR LIST? Check him out!

To long-suffering RMMB and REC.RUNNING contributors: YES, Bill Davidson, the source of thousands of
lowlife postings under dozens of account names, is also "TheBillRodgers" and his clones. DO COPY
this message; use it to REPLY anytime you have an urge to respond to our troll.

Will Bill's own words amuse him as much as they amuse us? WILL THEY AMUSE OTHERS? Let's find out.
Let's be sure BILL gets the attention he deserves and craves.

COPY, PASTE, REPLY to our TROLL. IT'S THAT EASY