Tinder Cyclist Activity

Somewhat nice but Tinder just seems like a waste of time.

Nothing wrong with using tech to meet cycle minded people but then there's also nothing wrong with striking up conversations with fellow cyclists you meet out and about.

Tinder and Badoo are the absolute worst places to meet anyone. One is most likely to acquire some nasty STD than engage in any form of meaningful relationship by meeting someone on there. It's better to cycle down to a nice coffee shop or bistro over the weekends and meet some quality and attractive people. This is what I've always done and it's worked out quite well for me.

I think the problem with meeting anyone through Tinder or similar apps is that even if it's just to cycle together, there's still the weird implication of something romantic or sexual. Even if one person makes it clear that they're only looking for friends, there's no way to foresee the intent of the person you're going to meet, and plenty of people don't like taking no for an answer. It just seems like a situation that's prone to being sketchy.

I've always had luck finding people to ride with by chatting to other cyclists on bike trails and such, so I've never really considered going online to look for friends. It's also fun to invite non cyclists out on a ride, especially if they end up getting really into it...that's how I got involved in mountain biking :)

Reactions: Damien Lee
sunshiney said:
I think the problem with meeting anyone through Tinder or similar apps is that even if it's just to cycle together, there's still the weird implication of something romantic or sexual. Even if one person makes it clear that they're only looking for friends, there's no way to foresee the intent of the person you're going to meet, and plenty of people don't like taking no for an answer. It just seems like a situation that's prone to being sketchy.

I've always had luck finding people to ride with by chatting to other cyclists on bike trails and such, so I've never really considered going online to look for friends. It's also fun to invite non cyclists out on a ride, especially if they end up getting really into it...that's how I got involved in mountain biking :)
More likely, something sexual will come out of it. Not that there's anything wrong with this, I'm certainly not a prude. But I'm weary of people who spend most of their time with these apps. I doubt they're looking for a meaningful and long-term relationship. They are just trying to have sex with as many people as possible, which puts them at a huge risk of contracting sexually transmitted diseases. I think it's best to meet people at the local coffee shop, gym or cycling group.