Tingling down below

Ecdycis

May 5, 2009
I have been getting a trickling peeing sensation down below and sometimes my nuts hurt. I think the problem lies in my chamois not leaving enough room for my junk but I guess the only way to find out would be to either hit the road for a long hall in regular athletic shorts or get a new pair of shorts. Decided to try a new pair of shorts because my ass can't handle more than 15 miles in normal shorts without causing hell the next day. But, I was just wondering if anyone has had problems caused by their shorts and not their saddles.

Reactions: haleylx4
As long there are no significant seams in the local vicinity of your "junk", you should be able to ride any duration with almost any kind of bike shorts (cheap, expensive, and anywhere in-between) with a chamois.

IMO, the most significant factor concerning comfort, or lack thereof, in that area is a properly fitting bike setup - I'd start with saddle height. Second, would be a properly sized saddle (width of sit bones) without too much (subjective) padding. A distant third would be the shorts you wear.

Fitted at LBS where I bought my bike, and I didn't have any problems until I cycling shorts which is why I was blaming them, however maybe it is do to my fit being different after some time off the bike?

If it's the same seat and it didn't cause you any problems before, I'd check that it's level. I find it difficult to believe the problem is because of the shorts.

Sounds like a personal problem. Depends upon how much riding you do, right?

Maybe your body weight is causing you to put more stress on that area in question. I am just guessing as I had never had issues with my shorts except the saddle.