Tinkoff shitcans Hamilton

helmutRoole2

Jul 7, 2006
Tinkoff owner suggests Hamilton's absence may be permanent
By Andrew Hood
VeloNews European correspondent
This report filed May 17, 2007
Tyler Hamilton's status with Tinkoff Credit Systems appears doubtful in the wake of his departure from the team just days before the start of the 90th Giro d'Italia.

Tinkoff folded to pressure from Giro organizers over Hamilton's alleged links to the Operación Puerto doping scandal and dropped him from what would have been Hamilton's first grand tour since he tested positive for homologous blood doping in the 2004 Vuelta a España.

Now team owner Oleg Tinkov is saying Hamilton's departure could very well become permanent.

"I think we're finished with him," Tinkov told VeloNews before the start of Thursday's fifth stage. "I wouldn't like to see him at the races anymore. My idea is not to have him on the team anymore and forget about him and all of his doping scandals."

Tinkov's remarks came after days of uncertainty of Hamilton's status with the team.

Both he and German rider Jörg Jaksche were kicked off the team's nine-man Giro lineup following a revival in interest in the Puerto investigation in the wake of admissions by last year's winner Ivan Basso that he was involved in the doping conspiracy.

Tinkov confirmed to VeloNews that Hamilton is indefinitely suspended until his Puerto status is clarified. Both Hamilton and Jaksche were named in police documents rounded up in raids last May of apartments owned by alleged ringleader Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes.

"He's suspended now," Tinkov continued. "The situation is so complex, with the media, the police. We just want to support these young beautiful Russian guys. We don't have to have those negative stories anymore."

Tinkov's posture is a sharp contrast from team statements just a week ago, when Tinkoff management insisted the Puerto pair would race the season's first grand tour.

Both Hamilton and Jaksche traveled to Sardinia ahead of Saturday's team time trial start to undergo fitness tests to confirm what were likely to be spots on the nine-man roster. Hamilton had set the Giro as his top goal for the 2007 season and scouted all the key stages in the Dolomites in what he expected to be his comeback grand tour.

But growing pressure from the media and race organizers became too much for the upstart continental team. Other teams, such as Caisse d'Epargne had left off Puerto-implicated riders from its roster.

"If Tyler and Jörg were to start the Giro, we would be the only team with Puerto riders in the Giro," team manager Omar Piscina told VeloNews. "It was a difficult decision to make. We waited for something from the UCI, but nothing came. I think under normal conditions, Tyler could have made a good Giro, but it's a complicated situation."

Piscina expressed his frustration about the lack of clarity from the UCI concerning the status of riders implicated in the Puerto scandal. Riders such as Hamilton and Jaksche face no legal charges and they have licenses to compete, yet live under a shadow of doubt that continues to plague the sport.

The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency, meanwhile, has no action has been taken after it received documents from Spanish authorities forwarded by the UCI last fall. Hamilton has strongly denied working with Fuentes.

Hamilton joined Tinkoff Credit Systems last fall and returned to competition this winter in Europe. The 36-year-old suffered some bad luck with some crashes in the spring that left him with an abscessed tooth that required emergency treatment following the Tour de Georgia.

"Right now I feel like I'm kind of in limbo land," Hamilton wrote on his personal web page. "Although I've worked hard to return to this sport, it feels strange to not know what's next. But like every day of the last nearly three years, I'm taking it one step at a time."

That state of limbo extended to the Tinkoff team's webpage. Much like the revisionism of the old Soviet era, references to Hamilton disappeared from the Tinkoff site earlier this week.

helmutRoole2 said:
Tinkoff owner suggests Hamilton's absence may be permanent
By Andrew Hood
VeloNews European correspondent
This report filed May 17, 2007
Tyler Hamilton's status with Tinkoff Credit Systems appears doubtful in the wake of his departure from the team just days before the start of the 90th Giro d'Italia.

Tinkoff folded to pressure from Giro organizers over Hamilton's alleged links to the Operación Puerto doping scandal and dropped him from what would have been Hamilton's first grand tour since he tested positive for homologous blood doping in the 2004 Vuelta a España.

Now team owner Oleg Tinkov is saying Hamilton's departure could very well become permanent.

"I think we're finished with him," Tinkov told VeloNews before the start of Thursday's fifth stage. "I wouldn't like to see him at the races anymore. My idea is not to have him on the team anymore and forget about him and all of his doping scandals."

Tinkov's remarks came after days of uncertainty of Hamilton's status with the team.
Sounds to me like Oleg might have gotten some more information about Tyler.

Leafer said:
Sounds to me like Oleg might have gotten some more information about Tyler.
Probably not. Hamilton was hired specifically to do the Giro. Since he cannot do that race he is not of much use. Plus Brutt has shown that he can race with the best of them, so the team may not need the results of riders like Hamilton.

tcklyde said:
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
I trust you're joking, right? Please tell me you're joking.

If not, I will never understand how people can still view unrepentant liars and cheaters as nice guys, good guys, good ol' boys, or whatever. What is so nice about a guy defrauding a sporting industry for their own selfish reasons??? Explain this to me please...This guy, and all the other unrepentant cheats and liars should be categorized as pariahs and ostracized by the cycling community. Doing this would be a significant deterrent. ZERO tolerance. One violation and you're done. Forget a 2 year time out. You're out for good...

Damn, that went right over Tony's head.

On another note, does anyone else see the irony in Tinkov saying he was sick of all of Hamilton's doping problems, never mind the fact that he hired (how many?) OP suspects and at least two convicted dopers?

tonyzackery said:
I trust you're joking, right? Please tell me you're joking.

If not, I will never understand how people can still view unrepentant liars and cheaters as nice guys, good guys, good ol' boys, or whatever. What is so nice about a guy defrauding a sporting industry for their own selfish reasons??? Explain this to me please...This guy, and all the other unrepentant cheats and liars should be categorized as pariahs and ostracized by the cycling community. Doing this would be a significant deterrent. ZERO tolerance. One violation and you're done. Forget a 2 year time out. You're out for good...

I'm pretty sure tcklyde was joking.

Everyone who gets caught lies. Lying about your guilt eliminates any possibility of repentance. It seems obvious that almost all (essentially all of 'em most likely but I'll throw in the "almost") of the riders dope. Who does that leave to do the categorizing and ostracizing?

helmutRoole2 said:

On another note, does anyone else see the irony in Tinkov saying he was sick of all of Hamilton's doping problems, never mind the fact that he hired (how many?) OP suspects and at least two convicted dopers?
Look, I'm not interested in getting in a cyper pissing match with you or any of your kind. Just keep the insults to yourself, please.

helmutRoole2 said:
"The situation is so complex, with the media, the police. We just want to support these young beautiful Russian guys. We don't have to have those negative stories anymore.".

Less dopers and more young beatiful Russian guys... thats what we need !

Funny stance... I'd say Oleg was leaned on... ie if you keep Hamilton in your team then you can forget about being invited to races and ProTour status will never happen.... Oleg is about money.... so fark you Hamilton... you got everything you derserved.... EOS.

RIP TH

From the way a few of the Tinkoff riders have being leading Giro breakaways the past few stages I'd say They might have a few other dopers on the team. LOL

whiteboytrash said:

Funny stance... I'd say Oleg was leaned on... ie if you keep Hamilton in your team then you can forget about being invited to races and ProTour status will never happen.... Oleg is about money.... so fark you Hamilton... you got everything you derserved.... EOS.

RIP TH

Agreed. Thank good Russians have no experience with doping. That's what makes them "beautiful".

whiteboytrash said:

RIP TH
Everybody forgets about the innocent party in this case, the poor unborn congenital twin. He is contstantly getting dragged through the sh!t by his evil brother Tyler.:mad:

The Double Zero said:
Everybody forgets about the innocent party in this case, the poor unborn congenital twin. He is contstantly getting dragged through the sh!t by his evil brother Tyler.:mad:
Any news from Tyler since he was dumped from the Giro ? Has he spoken... ? What will he do now ?

What about Jaksche? Isn't he still winning races for Tinkoff?

whiteboytrash said:
Any news from Tyler since he was dumped from the Giro ? Has he spoken... ? What will he do now ?

whiteboytrash said:
He's farked. He will be on a U.S. domestic team next year if he wants to race. I don't see how a european team can hire him. He's getting way up there in age and he won't be allowed on a ProTour team.

It seems like he was saving up everything for the Giro. He should have made sure he was in good form during the few early season races he did. Now what results does he have to use for contract negotiation next year?

Bro Deal said:
He's farked. He will be on a U.S. domestic team next year if he wants to race next year. I don't see how a european team can hire him. He's getting way up there in age and he won't be allowed on a ProTour team.

It seems like he was saving up everything for the Giro. He should have made sure he was in good form during the few early season races he did. Now what results does he have to use for contract negotiation next year?
You want results? TH challenged Tugboat the Third to a race of five laps round the block - and he won! Who says he's getting old, when he's racing and whippin' these young pups?

P.S. he required three vials of EPO and a transfusion to complete the fifth lap.
P.P.S. Tugboat the Third was ahead of TH on lap 3 but was hit and killed by a garbage truck

helmutRoole2 said:

First quote funny!

Second not so funny!

He (Tinkov) seems to be headed down the path of least resistance or a total repositioning. He must have put his wet finger up in the air?

Also, he might have had an epiphany as to how much talent might be left in an aging (doper) rider.

tonyzackery said:
Look, I'm not interested in getting in a cyper pissing match with you or any of your kind. Just keep the insults to yourself, please.
Just callin' them like I see them.

Frigo's Luggage said:
What about Jaksche? Isn't he still winning races for Tinkoff?
JJ won the final stage and the overall of the Tour de l'Aude two weeks ago and last week he started at the Tour of Belgium. JJ is doing fine.