tiny bracket

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by John Smith, Jun 15, 2003.

  1. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    Can someone tell me the name of the tiny aluminium? bracket that holds the rear derailleur onto the
    bike frame? Mine has bent and i need a replacement. Cheers, John

    Tags:

  2. Peter B

    Peter B Guest

    "John Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Can someone tell me the name of the tiny aluminium? bracket that holds the rear derailleur onto
    > the bike frame? Mine has bent and i need a
    replacement.

    Replaceable rear gear hanger, or similar.

    Pete

  3. John B

    John B Guest

    John Smith wrote:

    > Can someone tell me the name of the tiny aluminium? bracket that holds the rear derailleur onto
    > the bike frame? Mine has bent and i need a replacement. Cheers, John

    Its the gear hanger.

    Unfortunately prone to damage in prangs, and on decent bikes should alays be replaceable.
    Luckily yours is.

    John B

  4. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    Cheers Peter! The speed of responses in this NG is amazing! Glad I found it. John.

  5. "John Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Cheers Peter! The speed of responses in this NG is amazing! Glad I found
    it.
    > John.

    They are a specific fit to the make/model of bike so you just can't ask a bike shop for a
    generic one.

    Andy,

  6. Chris Fryer

    Chris Fryer Guest

    but for some reason they have a tendency to be uber-expensive. I had to get one for a Scott frame
    about two years ago and it cost £16 direct from Scott!

    --
    -- Chris