tiny bracket

John Smith

Guest
Can someone tell me the name of the tiny aluminium? bracket that holds the rear derailleur onto the
bike frame? Mine has bent and i need a replacement. Cheers, John

"John Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Can someone tell me the name of the tiny aluminium? bracket that holds the rear derailleur onto
> the bike frame? Mine has bent and i need a
replacement.

Replaceable rear gear hanger, or similar.

Pete

John Smith wrote:

> Can someone tell me the name of the tiny aluminium? bracket that holds the rear derailleur onto
> the bike frame? Mine has bent and i need a replacement. Cheers, John

Its the gear hanger.

Unfortunately prone to damage in prangs, and on decent bikes should alays be replaceable.
Luckily yours is.

John B

Cheers Peter! The speed of responses in this NG is amazing! Glad I found it. John.

"John Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Cheers Peter! The speed of responses in this NG is amazing! Glad I found
it.
> John.

They are a specific fit to the make/model of bike so you just can't ask a bike shop for a
generic one.

Andy,

but for some reason they have a tendency to be uber-expensive. I had to get one for a Scott frame
about two years ago and it cost £16 direct from Scott!

--
-- Chris