Tip - Check your spare tyre

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Peter Fox, Jun 2, 2004.

  1. Peter Fox

    Peter Fox Guest

    In my emergency kit I have a folded up spare tube. Fitted it today -
    GLOOM! the valve (Schrader) was leaking. Eventually I thought of
    tightening it up and it is now OK.

    So the tip is : From time to time check your spare tyre actually works.

    (The other possibility is that being tightly packed it gets worn through
    at some pressure point.)

    --
    PETER FOX Not the same since the submarine business went under
    [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. Peter Fox <[email protected]>typed

    > In my emergency kit I have a folded up spare tube. Fitted it today -
    > GLOOM! the valve (Schrader) was leaking. Eventually I thought of
    > tightening it up and it is now OK.

    > So the tip is : From time to time check your spare tyre actually works.

    > (The other possibility is that being tightly packed it gets worn through
    > at some pressure point.)

    Didn't I advise inflating spare inner tubes under water annually? Maybe
    I was dreaming...

    --
    Helen D. Vecht: [email protected]
    Edgware.

  3. Al C-F

    Al C-F Guest

    On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 19:46:00 +0100, Peter Fox
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >So the tip is : From time to time check your spare tyre actually works.

    I've just checcked my spare tyre and it's still there, but smaller
    than before.

    So I need a bit more cycling and a bit less chocolate.
    --

    Cheers,

    Al

  4. Pyromancer

    Pyromancer Guest

    Upon the miasma of midnight, a darkling spirit identified as Helen
    Deborah Vecht <[email protected]> breathed:
    >Peter Fox <[email protected]>typed

    >> So the tip is : From time to time check your spare tyre actually works.

    >Didn't I advise inflating spare inner tubes under water annually? Maybe
    >I was dreaming...

    You know I managed to read that as "didn't I advise inflating spare
    inner tubes with water annually", which left me wondering how you make
    sure all the water is got out before inflating them properly with air...

    --
    - Pyromancer.
    - http://www.inkubus-sukkubus.co.uk <-- Pagan Gothic Rock!