Tip of the day

if your riding in cold weather with just your shorts and a jersey try not to stop or you'll have to get used to the cold all over again

If you find yourself patching a tube on the road just finding the leak can be a challenge. Once you get the tube out with your tire levers put a little air or CO2 in the tube then rotate the tube slowly and close to your face, especially around your nose. You should be able to feel even a small amount of air escaping.
Of course be sure and check the tire for foreign objects before re-installing the tube.

Leave the Ipod at home. Its is best to pay attention with your eyes and ears.:cool:

Road cycling is a bicycle racing sport as roads, with bike racing. Road Racing, in its modern form began in the late 19 centuryRoad cycling is the most common form of cycling. It happens mostly on paved surfaces. It includes recreational, travel and utility cycling.

VERY helpful thread.

I have learned quite a bit in my first hour learning about cycling.
The one thing that will probably stick with me the longest:
Alienator likes to start ****.

-Trags

Not my original intent or goal but if it's what inspires you then why not./img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Hahah

On a serious note, there were at least 30 things here that would help me.
I only remember a couple though, i need to go back and write them down lol.
Ill compile all the tips into one post to weed out the...weeds.

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

On the topic of sunglasses, I highly recommend the following for their cheapness, function, lens clarity, and first and foremost the fact they don't have a frame member across the top. This is very important to me when I'm down in the drops puttin' in some work as I don't have to raise my head an inordinate amount to see over the top of the frame...

NEW SUNGLASSES GLASSES DESIGNER EYEWEAR GLASS STYLE 1 - eBay (item 280519220578 end time Jun-11-10 21:30:57 PDT)
Right up my alley. Cheap sunglasses. How do they perform going from shaded areas to full sun? I sometimes have problems with cheap glasses riding on the country roads around here.

Originally Posted by davereo .

Right up my alley. Cheap sunglasses. How do they perform going from shaded areas to full sun? I sometimes have problems with cheap glasses riding on the country roads around here.
OK how do I delete a post????

If you use a repair stand and are adjusting the cables for the rear cassette be sure and clamp the seat post rather that the top tube. Since a lot of bikes have cables that are routed along the outside of the top tube clamping the bike there will pinch the cable and make it impossible to accurately adjust the tension.

Originally Posted by jhuskey .

If you use a repair stand and are adjusting the cables for the brake pads be sure and clamp the seat post rather that the top tube. Since a lot of bikes have cables that are routed along the outside of the top tube clamping the bike there will pinch the cable and make it impossible to accurately adjust the tension.
When using a repair stand that uses clamps, it is suggested that you only clamp on the seat post for all jobs. You risk damaging your bike if you clamp on the tubes, especially if you are working on a CF bike.

Originally Posted by jhuskey .

If you use a repair stand and are adjusting the cables for the rear cassette be sure and clamp the seat post rather that the top tube. Since a lot of bikes have cables that are routed along the outside of the top tube clamping the bike there will pinch the cable and make it impossible to accurately adjust the tension.

usually the rear brake cable is routed along the top tube. most bikes use the down tube to send the cables to the front and rear derailleur.

When cycling in fridgid temperatures always cover you lips and any exposed skin with chap stick or petroleum jelly to prevent wind burn./img/vbsmilies/smilies/cool.gif

Originally Posted by davereo .

When cycling in fridgid temperatures always cover you lips and any exposed skin with chap stick or petroleum jelly to prevent wind burn./img/vbsmilies/smilies/cool.gif

I always find that breathing harder solves that problem...
... but you can't do that if you're ***** footing around in 42x16. ;)

Originally Posted by swampy1970 .

I always find that breathing harder solves that problem...
... but you can't do that if you're ***** footing around in 42x16. ;)
***** Footing!! I thought I was hammering in 39X27/img/vbsmilies/smilies/eek.gif/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Correct and I changed it to what I meant as opposed to what I posted.Next time I will post about the front cassette./img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif