Tip of the day

Flyeater said:
You can ride faster on a painted line than on bare tarmac. When it is cold and windy and raining hard think of all the fair weather riders who are sat inside and smile.

"When it is cold and windy and raining hard", I'd stay off the painted line if I were you.....or you might end up like this--or worse:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmhU_cigsdA[/ame]

roadhouse said:
patch kits can save you money. i cut the big squares or circle patches in half and get twice as much for the price of one x's 2 because i'm using an old tube-again-and a small patch is all you usually will really need anyways.

not to mention that sometimes with a big patch you can get a restrictive 'bubble' in the tube meaning once it's on the tube and cured and you put air into the tube, the section with the patch will not be able to expand along with the rest of the tube.

make sense?

For the economy minded... you can also remove an old patch by heating it with a heat gun (set to low heat) until very warm. It will come off and then you can re-do into a smaller patch or if you need to patch next to an old patch....

Its really very useful tip. Please keep on updating it

---------------------------------------

Here are some road cycling tips:
1. Buy the coolest helmet you can afford.
2. Keep it clean.
3. Wear perfect clothes for cycling.

When racing A grade (Cat 1) always remember to scream and yell as loudly as possible at B grade when you overtake them on a crit course.

"Stay left B grade....FARKEN STAY LEFT YOU CUNZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!"

Really give it to them. They should rightly be reminded they are in B grade for a reason. That reason is because they are weak, lack talent and bike skillz.

I know this an easy and obvious tip but for those less experienced ,always put your bike in the smallest gear before removing the rear wheel. This makes the task much easier.You may also want to change it back to the larger, lower gears before riding so you will not struggle on your take off.

jhuskey said:
I know this an easy and obvious tip but for those less experienced ,always put your bike in the smallest gear before removing the rear wheel. This makes the task much easier.You may also want to change it back to the larger, lower gears before riding so you will not struggle on your take off.

Yup. Large ring and small cog do make it easier.

If you find yourself riding through a deserted part of the countryside that is known to be populated by vampires carry a spare water bottle full of holy water and attach a cross to your handlbars. Also dangle a few strings of garlic from your saddle.You could also accommodate a couple of wooden stakes by tying them to your frame

No Vampires in the backwoods around here. The Banjo playing seems to scare them. Scares me too!

Hahahaha That film still gives me the creeps. i cycle faster when the road starts to get lonely.:)

decca234uk said:
If you find yourself riding through a deserted part of the countryside that is known to be populated by vampires carry a spare water bottle full of holy water and attach a cross to your handlbars. Also dangle a few strings of garlic from your saddle.You could also accommodate a couple of wooden stakes by tying them to your frame

If you don't want to carry garlic just swallow some garlic pills before you ride... the scent of your sweat should be enough to keep vampires away

jarodwinn said:
If you don't want to carry garlic just swallow some garlic pills before you ride... the scent of your sweat should be enough to keep vampires away
you could allso wear the new sky team out fit....:eek:

Yup, Sky's kit is horrific, but have you seen Footon-Servetto's?? It's actually inhumane:

press_kit_full_team_portrait_600.jpg

cycling shorts can be worn under running or gym shorts when the weather is terribely cold and you're out for a run and you don't care for long runners, no chafing and warm. not too mention they keep the children in the corner.

that's some http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bull**** right there, j. :p
were you serious as that you couldn't understand that i was merely suGgesTinG since not many on here who only ride bicycles understand the overall use that their shorts provide. if so than my mistake but 'asshat' wasn't meant in the same way it woulda been meant if i were to be saying it to someone like, oh, let's say alienator. completely different with talking sh!t to you so nothing personal.

anywho and back to the original and helpful first post of mine's topic, cycling shorts can be used to keep you warm and they actually feel good when running in them.