Tips for Chicago to Kenosha?

wisnagilicious

May 26, 2004
Hi,

Am making my first trip up Sheridan Rd. all the way to Kenosha this Memorial Day weekend (have previously gone as far north as Highwood) and was wondering if anyone familiar with the trip could share any insights? (ie. traffic, current construction, etc.)

Thanks!

Originally posted by wisnagilicious
Hi,

Am making my first trip up Sheridan Rd. all the way to Kenosha this Memorial Day weekend (have previously gone as far north as Highwood) and was wondering if anyone familiar with the trip could share any insights? (ie. traffic, current construction, etc.)

Thanks!

I have done the Greg Lemond ride a few times in years past. It went from Glenview thru Kenosha. I checked for my cue sheets but couldn't find them. You might check the State of Illinois Bicycle maps to see what they can add. Also the Chicagoland Bicycle Federation map should help. Remember about the recent flooding along the Des Plaines river. You will want to avoid those areas.
Also, there are some "rails-to-trails" routes up there. They will have lots of bicycle and other mixed use on them... so you decide.
Evanston Bicycle Club sponsors a North Shore ride that actually routes you on a section of one of those trails. You might try checking with the Evanston Club to see if they publish any routes and/or have current information.