Tips for Contador on how to be a classy cyclist

roadhouse

Aug 2, 2009
"When Ullrich crashed, Armstrong waited" ~ Phil Liggett

vice versa too

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaKR5iOCTts&feature=related]YouTube - Lance Armstrong crashes and attacks at the Tour de France 2003[/ame]

"You know, in the sport of professional cycling, there's always payback time. You can never burn your bridges, don't ever make enemies." ~ P.S.

i guess you didn't get that message, huh Contador? phucktard.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtZhG2kWVLYY[/ame]

Armstrong waiting for Beloki.

armstrong and beloki, i think he didn't see him...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtZhG2kWVLY]YouTube - Lance Armstrong's Incredible Short Cut 2003[/ame]

"Armstrong is such a star!" why yes, yes he is.

i have a feeling you two ladies are wanting me to use my "i'm gonna punch you in the face right through the internet" button on you. well, that button has been upgraded to "i'm gonna kick you in the nads repeatedly for being such a dumbass".

you have been warned.

there is no such resemblence as to what happened then, Beloki completely crashing out of contention and almost taking out Lance along the way, to a chain popping off for a few seconds and nevertheless, Lance was in yellow, not Beloki.

get bent. ;)

Do you not get tired of acting like an idiot all the time?

stop all the Contador hatred, it is getting old.

and in all honesty, those two were talking about lance not waiting for beloki and that was stupid to even go there, i was just returning the favor.

swampy1970 said:
So when Andy and Fabian put the hammer down on the cobbles when the yellow jersey of Sylvan Chavanelle had a mechanical, this made Andy a "classy cyclist" too?

i dunno, i haven't seen that bit of the race. got a vid so we can all see and then judge?

so i've read everywhere on the net, back and forth, that Contador should've waited, the mass majority have spoken and clearly but the line i like the most is that had Contador not screwed over Vino to begin with he would not be in the yellow jersey today so how many times is it gonna take for that asshat screwing people over before it's alright to call him an asshat?

constantly constantly constantly disgracing himself and cycling so to your "stop all the Contador hatred, it is getting old." i say when he's six feet deep, i'll stop.

here, from my old friends over at teamsmack i now pronounce you ass and hat:

Team Smack • View topic - Schleck: "I wouldn't want to win that way."

CONTADOR HAS AN IQ OF 90. HE IS ABOUT AS DUMB AS A ROCK. HE CAN RIDE A BIKE AND THATS IT. HE IS ALMOST A PSYCHOPATH IN THE WAY HE HAS NO EMOTION TOWARDS OTHERS IN THE FIELD OR HIS TEAM. YOU COULD SEE IT YESTERDAY WHEN HE WANTED SCHLECK TO GO OFF THE FRONT AND SCHLECK TOLD HIM TO F-OFF AND DID A TRACK STAND.

nice!

roadhouse said:
so i've read everywhere on the net, back and forth, that Contador should've waited, the mass majority have spoken and clearly but the line i like the most is that had Contador not screwed over Vino to begin with he would not be in the yellow jersey today so how many times is it gonna take for that asshat screwing people over before it's alright to call him an asshat?

constantly constantly constantly disgracing himself and cycling so to your "stop all the Contador hatred, it is getting old." i say when he's six feet deep, i'll stop.

its been 4 days so far that Vino has left his team leader behind and gone on a solo kamikaze mission to nowhere. Only to be swallowed by the entire peloton and then dropped... So its ok for him to go out and leave his leader behind, but not for Contador to catch him, and drop him? what rock do you live under?

Are you also upset because he dropped lance last year? Your hatred over Contador blinds you into stupidity.

90 IQ is an average score, the guy is a cyclist not an engineer. And if he is so dumb, where do you leave Shleck... the guy KNOWS he will get raped in the ITT, and if he can do so much as you all seem to claim, why the hell was he just chilling with the 31sec lead he had?

As I posted in another thread,"nobody waited". You can't hold one rider to a different standard.
What if Schleck crashed and was down for 3 mins? Should Contador wait while Menchov and Sanchez rides away with the race.
Codemn all or none.

Bastiani said:
its been 4 days so far that Vino has left his team leader behind and gone on a solo kamikaze mission to nowhere. Only to be swallowed by the entire peloton and then dropped... So its ok for him to go out and leave his leader behind, but not for Contador to catch him, and drop him? what rock do you live under?

Are you also upset because he dropped lance last year? Your hatred over Contador blinds you into stupidity.

90 IQ is an average score, the guy is a cyclist not an engineer. And if he is so dumb, where do you leave Shleck... the guy KNOWS he will get raped in the ITT, and if he can do so much as you all seem to claim, why the hell was he just chilling with the 31sec lead he had?

i don't hate Contador, i could care less for him as a human being and as a cyclist though and yes, i'm perturbed a bit at his hatred of Lance and company who employed him solely for one purpose, to put Lance in first last year.

Schleck is a funny item on the menu but i'd bet that his team director had plans for that 31 second lead. oh yeah, drop Contador without your chain falling off and if it does, hope and pray Contador shows some decency but that was too much to ask, huh?

roadhouse said:
i don't hate Contador, i could care less for him as a human being and as a cyclist though and yes, i'm perturbed a bit at his hatred of Lance and company who employed him solely for one purpose, to put Lance in first last year.
I'm sure that you believe in what you've written, but it doesn't have any conection with reality.
Everything was opposite of what you wrote here. Everyone who follows cycling knows that. But since you follow just Armstrong and not cycling, I understand your position.

jhuskey said:
As I posted in another thread,"nobody waited". You can't hold one rider to a different standard.
What if Schleck crashed and was down for 3 mins? Should Contador wait while Menchov and Sanchez rides away with the race.
Codemn all or none.

Schleck should be condemned for being a whiney double standard *****.

Schleck was down and the entire peloton waited... Remember the stage to Spa? Funny how the Saxo boys shut that stage down when they had no chance of realing in the guys in the break and their top guys crashed saying it was "too dangerous for everyone" yet they had no problem whatsoever in attacking and putting down the hammer when lots of other folks, including the yellow jersey, suffered mechanical problems the day after on the cobbles when Saxo, this time, were on the front.

Karma. Sometimes it can be a real *****.

On ES, Harmon asked Sean Kelly his view and he thought AC shouldn't have attacked.

The unwritten rule is that, if your opponent develops a mechanical problem, you don't attack.

I'm a Contador fan as well as a Schleck fan and my initial reaction was that he was out of order. With hindsight though he was justified:

1. Everyone else rode away and he couldn't afford to leave them.
2. This goes both ways (see Spa stage).
3. Public apology on Youtube.
4. Personal apology on the stage today.
5. He didn't realise that it was anything more than missing a gear when he rode past. By the time he knew the damage was done (by the others in riding away as well as by him).

Lets hope we have many years of close rivalry between these two. Closer than Armstrong & Ulrich. No one doubts that Lance was classy and gave us some great Tour memories but he wasn't perfect either (not to mention arrogant as hell!).

Yonni said:
I'm a Contador fan as well as a Schleck fan and my initial reaction was that he was out of order. With hindsight though he was justified:

1. Everyone else rode away and he couldn't afford to leave them.
2. This goes both ways (see Spa stage).
3. Public apology on Youtube.
4. Personal apology on the stage today.
5. He didn't realise that it was anything more than missing a gear when he rode past. By the time he knew the damage was done (by the others in riding away as well as by him).

Lets hope we have many years of close rivalry between these two. Closer than Armstrong & Ulrich. No one doubts that Lance was classy and gave us some great Tour memories but he wasn't perfect either (not to mention arrogant as hell!).

I think the apologies coupled with the fact that Menchov and Sanchez both attacked when Schleck "chained", show that AC had no choice.

Rumour has it that AC and Schleck might well race for the same team next season!