Tips for Contador on how to be a classy cyclist

oldbobcat said:
Let's leave Lance out of this. Vino, too, because everybody knows Contador helped block for Vino's win on 13.

Schleck's chain drop was amateurish and his own responsibility and he should not have made a big deal of it. Contador's continuing his counterattack was most tacky, and his words in the post-race interview on Versus betrayed his conscience. He knew he did something dumb and made it worse by trying to cover it up. He's obviously rattled, that Schleck can't be shaken.

i just read an article written by chris carmichael in which he brings to light some interesting perspectives, basically saying that no, contador shouldn't have waited, all things considered but not what i'd believe him to say if it were Lance that dropped a chain. oops, i brought Lance into it.

The Coach: Fair or Foul? | Bicycling Magazine

I just hope both are fired up after the incident and a rest day to let all hell lose on the Tourmalet today. I've an inkling that come Saturday all this will have become Tour folklore and nothing more than a controversial footnote to this year's episode. I doubt it will have a part to play in deciding the overall winner in terms of time. Motivation maybe but time no.

Yonni said:
I just hope both are fired up after the incident and a rest day to let all hell lose on the Tourmalet today. I've an inkling that come Saturday all this will have become Tour folklore and nothing more than a controversial footnote to this year's episode. I doubt it will have a part to play in deciding the overall winner in terms of time. Motivation maybe but time no.

it looks as if that is exactly what has happened judging by Schleck once again being the bigger man and patting Contador on the back as they finished todays stage.

knonfs said:
That you only follow LA and not the cycling sport?

If so, that is weak.

wanna race me 112 miles and find out how weak i am? do that and then talk to me about cycling.

roadhouse said:
wanna race me 112 miles and find out how weak i am? do that and then talk to me about cycling.
??? This is appearing more like a primary school playground everyday.

EoinC said:

that does read a bit elementary, doesn't it? allow me:

knonfs, i didn't get into cycling to watch others ride fulltime, i didn't even start riding until after Lance had won all of his tours, didn't even know who he was until then too, in '06. i'm a human interest kind of person and his story of life and death, of survival, coming back from flatlining, of being the best and working day and night to be the absolute best is what i connected with. i am awestruck by the man and his story and a few others around the globe such as Team Hoyt Team Hoyt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxqe77-Am3w]YouTube - Team Hoyt: I Can Only Imagine[/ame]
in the world of triathlon because they stand out as stronger than all, with reason for being that way and Chrissie Wellington Chrissie Wellington - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia who just seems to be in a league of her own, all smiles and all domination, such as the way it is with Lance.

i watch a little bit of cycling here and there, such as this years Giro which was outstanding and i'm sure i'll be able to talk more about other races the more i find standout people racing but i'm not ever gonna be a so called fan of cycling, never have been and never will be for the most part, that's boring and beneath me.

whatever i do i'll do it for myself so you'll just have to excuse me for 'being weak'.

jhuskey said:
As I posted in another thread,"nobody waited". You can't hold one rider to a different standard.
What if Schleck crashed and was down for 3 mins? Should Contador wait while Menchov and Sanchez rides away with the race.
Codemn all or none.

Errrr. Just incase you missed, Schleck was down for a couple of minutes, needed the race doctor and the entire peloton sat up... Stage 2. Saxo couldnt get a win that day so Fabian got his panties in a twist.

Andy should count his blessings that several top teams didn't put the hammer down that day and put him effectively out of the Tour on day 2.

The day after when everyone else was falling off on the cobbles, had mechanicals and punctures you didnt hear anyone else crying like becuase Saxo put the hammer down.

I dont blame you for forgetting, its been a long boring Tour.

roadhouse said:

I don't think I can pedal my big wheel for 112 miles LOL

roadhouse said:
that does read a bit elementary, doesn't it? allow me:

knonfs, i didn't get into cycling to watch others ride fulltime, i didn't even start riding until after Lance had won all of his tours, didn't even know who he was until then too, in '06. i'm a human interest kind of person and his story of life and death, of survival, coming back from flatlining, of being the best and working day and night to be the absolute best is what i connected with. i am awestruck by the man and his story and a few others around the globe such as Team Hoyt Team Hoyt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
YouTube - Team Hoyt: I Can Only Imagine
in the world of triathlon because they stand out as stronger than all, with reason for being that way and Chrissie Wellington Chrissie Wellington - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia who just seems to be in a league of her own, all smiles and all domination, such as the way it is with Lance.

i watch a little bit of cycling here and there, such as this years Giro which was outstanding and i'm sure i'll be able to talk more about other races the more i find standout people racing but i'm not ever gonna be a so called fan of cycling, never have been and never will be for the most part, that's boring and beneath me.

whatever i do i'll do it for myself so you'll just have to excuse me for 'being weak'.

You have posted a couple of times, that you only follow the TDF because of LA. If that is the case, then yes, your perspective of the TDF (and probably Cycling in general) is VERY weak...

swampy1970 said:
Errrr. Just incase you missed, Schleck was down for a couple of minutes, needed the race doctor and the entire peloton sat up... Stage 2. Saxo couldnt get a win that day so Fabian got his panties in a twist.

Andy should count his blessings that several top teams didn't put the hammer down that day and put him effectively out of the Tour on day 2.

The day after when everyone else was falling off on the cobbles, had mechanicals and punctures you didnt hear anyone else crying like becuase Saxo put the hammer down.

I dont blame you for forgetting, its been a long boring Tour.

This is a different stage you are referring to than I was commenting on.
Either way Contador wins and ,yes the detail will be forgotten soon.

my perspective of professional cycling is weak, certainly, because i don't or rather haven't really paid much attention to it outside of Lance Armstrong as i am more than concerned with my own riding as that is who rides the bike i bought, me, not the pro peleton, but i am more and more paying attention so you are right, in a sense, i won't deny that.

happy?

EoinC said:

Actually, what I find to be appearing like primary school is the fact that everyone here is whining and crying over Contador Vs. Schleck, when in the grand scheme of things, it means NOTHING. Everybody's acting like they personally participated in the TDF and got screwed.

It's almost amusing...

Yonni said:
I've an inkling that come Saturday all this will have become Tour folklore and nothing more than a controversial footnote to this year's episode. I doubt it will have a part to play in deciding the overall winner in terms of time. Motivation maybe but time no.

What was that winning margin again? Me and my big mouth!