Tip's on Tuning up bike...

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Pro_logic, May 25, 2003.

  1. Pro_logic

    Pro_logic Guest

    Can anyone recommend a good book for someone with "advanced" bike tuning skills. I would like to
    learn how to clean my bearings, also how to tighten spokes.

    Oh, and is there places online that you can order things like ... a new derailer or bike chain...
    (shimano...) ... Cheap and Canadian funds pref....

    I'm new thanks. Pro_Logic

    Tags:

  2. Ken

    Ken Guest

    "Pro_Logic" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:
    > Can anyone recommend a good book for someone with "advanced" bike tuning skills. I would like to
    > learn how to clean my bearings, also how to tighten spokes.

    The Zinn books are pretty good for the beginner-intermediate level.

  3. "Pro_Logic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Can anyone recommend a good book for someone with "advanced" bike tuning skills. I would like to
    > learn how to clean my bearings, also how to
    tighten
    > spokes.
    >
    > Oh, and is there places online that you can order things like ... a new derailer or bike chain...
    > (shimano...) ... Cheap and Canadian funds
    pref....

    > I'm new thanks. Pro_Logic

    http://www.sheldonbrown.com/repair/index.html

    DTW .../\.../\.../\...

  4. Barnett's Manual, found on: http://www.bbinstitute.com/manual.htm (one chapter per month as pdf
    file) http://rideitbent.net/ (complete older version of manual as pdf files, near bottom of page)

    Park Tools: http://www.parktool.com/repair_help/FAQindex.shtml

    "Pro_Logic" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email protected]...
    > Can anyone recommend a good book for someone with "advanced" bike tuning skills. I would like to
    > learn how to clean my bearings, also how to
    tighten
    > spokes.
    >
    > Oh, and is there places online that you can order things like ... a new derailer or bike chain...
    > (shimano...) ... Cheap and Canadian funds
    pref....

    > I'm new thanks. Pro_Logic

  5. MTBScottie

    MTBScottie Guest

    Ken <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Pro_Logic" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    > > Can anyone recommend a good book for someone with "advanced" bike tuning skills. I would like to
    > > learn how to clean my bearings, also how to tighten spokes.
    >
    > The Zinn books are pretty good for the beginner-intermediate level.

    I agree; I just bought Zinn and the art of Mountain Bike Maintenance about two months ago and it is
    a great book.