Tip's on Tuning up bike...

Pro_logic

Guest
Can anyone recommend a good book for someone with "advanced" bike tuning skills. I would like to
learn how to clean my bearings, also how to tighten spokes.

Oh, and is there places online that you can order things like ... a new derailer or bike chain...
(shimano...) ... Cheap and Canadian funds pref....

I'm new thanks. Pro_Logic

"Pro_Logic" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:
> Can anyone recommend a good book for someone with "advanced" bike tuning skills. I would like to
> learn how to clean my bearings, also how to tighten spokes.

The Zinn books are pretty good for the beginner-intermediate level.

"Pro_Logic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Can anyone recommend a good book for someone with "advanced" bike tuning skills. I would like to
> learn how to clean my bearings, also how to
tighten
> spokes.
>
> Oh, and is there places online that you can order things like ... a new derailer or bike chain...
> (shimano...) ... Cheap and Canadian funds
pref....

> I'm new thanks. Pro_Logic

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/repair/index.html

DTW .../\.../\.../\...

Barnett's Manual, found on: http://www.bbinstitute.com/manual.htm (one chapter per month as pdf
file) http://rideitbent.net/ (complete older version of manual as pdf files, near bottom of page)

Park Tools: http://www.parktool.com/repair_help/FAQindex.shtml

"Pro_Logic" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]...

Ken <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Pro_Logic" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
> > Can anyone recommend a good book for someone with "advanced" bike tuning skills. I would like to
> > learn how to clean my bearings, also how to tighten spokes.
>
> The Zinn books are pretty good for the beginner-intermediate level.

I agree; I just bought Zinn and the art of Mountain Bike Maintenance about two months ago and it is
a great book.