Tips to lose weight without dieting

Even I go for the doughnut sometimes. The key being sometimes, not daily, and one doughnut not two or three. Diabetics can eat normal food. The idea that they can't have sweets is a myth. We just have to eat food in the right portions and combinations. If everybody did this they would be a lot healthier.

I think if everyone just watched how many calories they ate, that would make a huge difference, but at the moment people are too obsessed with the gym and exercise.

There's also a mix up between losing weight and being healthy, and a lot of people are following the wrong regime, for what they want to do.

I think if everyone just watched how many calories they ate, that would make a huge difference, but at the moment people are too obsessed with the gym and exercise.

There's also a mix up between losing weight and being healthy, and a lot of people are following the wrong regime, for what they want to do.
The activity level is actually essential and needs to combined with healthy eating. A couch potato that eats right is still going to be unhealthy as is the guy going to the gym and hitting up McDonald's after every work out. It's about balance. You don't have to be a gym nut but you should do things like add a short walk to your routine are take stairs instead of elevators when you can. You don't have to starve yourself or kill yourself in the gym either.

Great tips. All of them were great. In fact, I was not aware of that tip "WATER WITH ICE". I didn't know that water can be drunk with ice too. Wow!Unbelievable. Thanks for your tips and sharing this cool tip. :cool:

Great tips. All of them were great. In fact, I was not aware of that tip "WATER WITH ICE". I didn't know that water can be drunk with ice too. Wow!Unbelievable. Thanks for your tips and sharing this cool tip. :cool:

Are you trying to be funny? You didn't know water could be drank with ice? Are you serious?

Really believe me man. I was not aware of it. If I want to drink cold water, then I would simply pick up one bottle of cold water and just open the cap to remove my thirst. And if I want to drink hot water, then why I will put ice in it? Really not makes any sense to me.:cool:

There's only one way to lose weight: burn more calories than you take in.

Anyone who tries to tell you anything different is full of ****. If you're eating 3500 calories a day, you're not going to lose weight even if you're riding 200 miles a week.

A bit skeptical on the sweet snack thing. Sweets, most likely filled with carbs, is only going to raise insulin and cause major blood sugar swings. That will only cause major cravings later in the day.

A bit skeptical on the sweet snack thing. Sweets, most likely filled with carbs, is only going to raise insulin and cause major blood sugar swings. That will only cause major cravings later in the day.

In a person with a normal metabolism and no diabetes it doesn't cause a blood sugar spike because the body reacts to what is being eaten properly to either use or store the sugar from the foods. The hunger later comes from the carbs or sugars being digested and used more quickly than other sources. This is why you should pair sweet things with a protein source. For diabetics the protein will help slow the breakdown and use of the carbs/sugars preventing a blood glucose spike, for everyone else and diabetics it will aid in keeping them from getting hungry to soon.

In a person with a normal metabolism and no diabetes it doesn't cause a blood sugar spike because the body reacts to what is being eaten properly to either use or store the sugar from the foods. The hunger later comes from the carbs or sugars being digested and used more quickly than other sources. This is why you should pair sweet things with a protein source. For diabetics the protein will help slow the breakdown and use of the carbs/sugars preventing a blood glucose spike, for everyone else and diabetics it will aid in keeping them from getting hungry to soon.
From what I understand, it doesn't matter whether you are diabetic or not. Any person will have a spike in blood sugar when you consume carbs. The difference being those with a properly functioning insulin response will clear out the blood sugar and normalize it back between 70-100 mg/dL. Those that are insulin resistant or have a pancreas that doesn't secrete insulin, the blood sugar never gets cleared out and transported into cells, leaving the blood sugar levels high. The cravings cause you talk about sounds about right.

Besides eating good, the next step is just exercising a lot, start running in the morning and repeat it in the afternoon and in the night if possible. Then, you need to maintain your routine and always pushing more from yourself.

Essentially you have to cut out refined sugar and artificial sweeteners from your diet to lose weight, and drink water often, but preferably 30 minutes after a meal to prevent stuffing.

One thing I have learned while trying to get back into shape is that telling myself that I can't have something makes the whole "getting healthy" process much more difficult. I have never told myself that I can't have something. If I want it, I'll eat it, but I remind myself that I need to work that much harder to have it. It may be a mental thing that works for some, but I have lost weight and kept it off. When I tell myself I can't have something, I tend to overeat everything else to fix the craving and end up gaining more weight.

Reactions: Jcycle
I don't have a problem with dieting although it is a good solution into losing weight but honestly doing A LOT of cardio will burn more than enough calories. Try to incorporate at least some form of cardio a couple of days a week and keep at that pace. One thing to note, Keep in track of your macros as you don't want to be eating at a surplus or a deficit. If you're losing weight focus towards a deficit of for example 2200 calories. There's a lot of good program that you can check out that will help with tracking. Overall, Track your calories and do cardio! You have tons of options when it comes to cardio.

From what I understand, it doesn't matter whether you are diabetic or not. Any person will have a spike in blood sugar when you consume carbs. The difference being those with a properly functioning insulin response will clear out the blood sugar and normalize it back between 70-100 mg/dL. Those that are insulin resistant or have a pancreas that doesn't secrete insulin, the blood sugar never gets cleared out and transported into cells, leaving the blood sugar levels high. The cravings cause you talk about sounds about right.

The spike is different. It is lower. It doesn't last long enough to cause damage, and often it isn't even high enough to be considered a glucose spike since yes it does go up but it always stays in a healthy or expected range.

I would say that staying active throughout the day goes a long way to losing weight. I lose weight without even wanting to! go for walks with friends, your girlfriend, your dog. Do some chores and try to stay on the move the entire day. You wont have to worry about what you eat because what you eat will just give you the energy to keep on going rather than overcompensating and remaining as fat.

The spike is different. It is lower. It doesn't last long enough to cause damage, and often it isn't even high enough to be considered a glucose spike since yes it does go up but it always stays in a healthy or expected range.
That sounds about right. As long as it doesn't stay high for any prolonged amount of time, you are fine. The guidelines for blood sugar after a meal is 140. As long as it stays under that, it is normal.

That sounds about right. As long as it doesn't stay high for any prolonged amount of time, you are fine. The guidelines for blood sugar after a meal is 140. As long as it stays under that, it is normal.

Below 180 within 1-2 hours of eating is the most often used range, but 140 is good.

The activity level is actually essential and needs to combined with healthy eating. A couch potato that eats right is still going to be unhealthy as is the guy going to the gym and hitting up McDonald's after every work out. It's about balance. You don't have to be a gym nut but you should do things like add a short walk to your routine are take stairs instead of elevators when you can. You don't have to starve yourself or kill yourself in the gym either.

I agree that people do need a healthy balance of the two to be, well...healthy but losing weight and being healthy are what people get mixed up with.

If you exercise but don't eat, you'll still tone your body up. If you just eat a salad a day but don't exercise, you'll still lose weight. Neither is recommended though!

Reactions: Jcycle