Tire Levers....

CC

Guest
Does anyone have any reccomendations for tough (indestructable) tire
levers ? Thanks.

CC wrote:
> Does anyone have any reccomendations for tough (indestructable) tire
> levers ? Thanks.

Park TL-1 (Nylon) or TL-5 (Steel). I've used the TL-1 for several
years; they are very tough.

CC <[email protected]> wrote:
> Does anyone have any reccomendations for tough (indestructable) tire
> levers ? Thanks.

Soma Steel-core levers. Steel levers covered with a nylon sheath. Very
nice.

--
Dane Buson - [email protected]
"I prefer the wicked rather than the foolish. The wicked

"CC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Does anyone have any reccomendations for tough (indestructable) tire
> levers ? Thanks.

Lately I'm using a set of yellow plastic (nylon?-who knows)
supposedly unbreakable Pedro's from PricePoint.
I picked up a set of Soma steelcore but haven't used them yet.
The Pedro's are nice and cheap have changed many tires.

I use the much reviled glueless tire patches also.
Parks makes them and every lbs has them private labeled.
Cheap, fast, easy to use.
Road bike, mountain, bike, kid's bikes, never had a failure and some of them
have been on the tubes for years.
I did buy a set of Velox patches to go retro and upscale
but I have yet to use any. I carry them for show.

JP wrote:
> "CC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Does anyone have any reccomendations for tough (indestructable) tire
> > levers ? Thanks.
> >

> Lately I'm using a set of yellow plastic (nylon?-who knows)
> supposedly unbreakable Pedro's from PricePoint.
> I picked up a set of Soma steelcore but haven't used them yet.
> The Pedro's are nice and cheap have changed many tires.
>
> I use the much reviled glueless tire patches also.
> Parks makes them and every lbs has them private labeled.
> Cheap, fast, easy to use.
> Road bike, mountain, bike, kid's bikes, never had a failure and some of them
> have been on the tubes for years.
> I did buy a set of Velox patches to go retro and upscale
> but I have yet to use any. I carry them for show.

Ditto on the Pedro's levers. I also find that as they are pretty wide
they are easier to use on tight road clinchers.

CC wrote:
> Does anyone have any reccomendations for tough (indestructable) tire
> levers ? Thanks.

I've had a set of three blue, white and red plastic Zefal levers I got
from Nashbar or Performance like 15+ years ago and they're still in
great shape. But then I haven't had very many flat tires in that time.

I had a Crank Brothers speed lever break on me a few months ago, but to
their credit, Crank Brothers sent me a replacement for free, no
questions asked.

--
I do not accept unsolicited commercial e-mail. Remove NO_UCE for
legitimate replies.

Victor Kan wrote:
> CC wrote:
> > Does anyone have any reccomendations for tough (indestructable) tire
> > levers ? Thanks.

> I've had a set of three blue, white and red plastic Zefal levers I got
> from Nashbar or Performance like 15+ years ago and they're still in
> great shape. But then I haven't had very many flat tires in that time.
>
> I had a Crank Brothers speed lever break on me a few months ago, but to
> their credit, Crank Brothers sent me a replacement for free, no
> questions asked.

The one weakness of the Speed Lever is that it can/will break if you
use it to break/pry up the bead on a really tight kevlar bead tire. I
carry one old Specialized Prybaby to break the bead on such tires, then
use the Speed Lever to get the tire off (and back on) quickly and
cleanly.

Josh Hassol wrote:
> CC wrote:
>> Does anyone have any reccomendations for tough (indestructable) tire
>> levers ? Thanks.

> Park TL-1 (Nylon) or TL-5 (Steel). I've used the TL-1 for several
> years; they are very tough.

I have the plastic Parks, too, and they are tough. Pulled off some
tight tires with those. Interestingly enough, one of them has bent
slightly -- on the opposite end, where it hooks around the spoke.

Pat

In article <[email protected]>,
Pat Lamb <[email protected]> wrote:

> Josh Hassol wrote:
> > CC wrote:
> >> Does anyone have any reccomendations for tough (indestructable) tire
> >> levers ? Thanks.

> > Park TL-1 (Nylon) or TL-5 (Steel). I've used the TL-1 for several
> > years; they are very tough.

> I have the plastic Parks, too, and they are tough. Pulled off some
> tight tires with those. Interestingly enough, one of them has bent
> slightly -- on the opposite end, where it hooks around the spoke.

I can't see how I can destroy those cheap $4 BBB plastic tyre levers
through regular use.
--

Artoi <[email protected]> wrote:
> Pat Lamb <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I have the plastic Parks, too, and they are tough. Pulled off some
>> tight tires with those. Interestingly enough, one of them has bent
>> slightly -- on the opposite end, where it hooks around the spoke.

> I can't see how I can destroy those cheap $4 BBB plastic tyre levers
> through regular use.

Muahaha. I didn't think anything of the subject until I snapped one out
on a ride where everything was closed and my tire was *not* coming off
without two levers. That was not a glorious moment in time.

--
Dane Buson - [email protected]
I trust the first lion he meets will do his duty.