Tire marks on Burley trailer cover

Paul A. Steckler

Guest
This summer, I bungeed a spare tire to my Burley Nomad trailer -- the
comparment was too full of camping gear, etc. to put the tire inside.

After two months of touring, the yellow cover is pretty marked up with black
tire marks. The marks don't come out with soap and water. Any ideas on
how to remove them, or if they're removable at all?

-- Paul

On Sep 8, 6:47 pm, "Paul A. Steckler" <[email protected]> wrote:
> This summer, I bungeed a spare tire to my Burley Nomad trailer -- the
> comparment was too full of camping gear, etc. to put the tire inside.
>
> After two months of touring, the yellow cover is pretty marked up with black
> tire marks. The marks don't come out with soap and water. Any ideas on
> how to remove them, or if they're removable at all?

I'd try WD40, then launder to remove the subsequent oil stain.
Alternately try something like Dawn dish soap or the mighty Mr. Clean.
Mr. C. is some crazy stuff, has saved my bacon a few times, and it's
the color of Prestone, what's not to like?