Tire Pressure Gauges

Go!Girl

Sep 5, 2003
I don't *yet* have a floor pump, so I'm using my zefal exclusively. My question is:

Do they make tire pressure gauges for my road bike's Presta Valves? (Small/pen-sized like for cars?)

If yes, are some better than others? Recommendations, please!

Right now, I fix the flat, and just pump until the tire feels hard, but I worry about blowing one up (happened to my love recently).

Also, I'm looking to buy a floor pump one of these days, so I'd like to hear if you have a favorite...price IS important, but so is functionality.

Thanks!!

Before I got a floor pump I used to do the same (with a Zefal HPX) .. once I did get it, i realised that in all this time, I'd been overinflating my tyres by about 50psi!

They do make presta valve pressure gauges, but they cost just over half of what a floor pump with a gauge would be. I know Zefal and Topeak make them, and I'm sure there are others.

I have a Silca floor pump which includes a gauge, and I'm happy with it. It feels quite sturdy, is completely rebuildable, and can pump to high pressures really easily (then again, any floor pump should be able to do that..)

I have a Silca Super Pista used for my mtb with pressures of around 65 pounds. The integral gauge agrees with my Snap On/Blue Point tire pressure gauge as well.