tire question

Cycler6n

Jan 5, 2007
theres an elevated area in my tire, when i spin it, i notice the tire isn't "level" all the way through. its not worn, i don't think, and the rim isn't bent, what could it be? i let the air out, and refilled it, and its still there, is it worn out? could it have been from hitting a pothole?

alfeng

Jul 23, 2005
Cycler6n said:
theres an elevated area in my tire, when i spin it, i notice the tire isn't "level" all the way through. its not worn, i don't think, and the rim isn't bent, what could it be? i let the air out, and refilled it, and its still there, is it worn out? could it have been from hitting a pothole?
I would remove & reseat the tire ...

This is probably stating the obvious, but the size of the inner tube must correspond to a range of tire sizes AND having a tube that is too large could be the underlying (literally!) problem.

ALSO, while the tire is off the rim, check to see if the rim is still ROUND or if it has become somehow out-of-true.

Mish

Feb 28, 2004
Cycler6n said:

This isn't a Conti GP 4000 is it?

Mish

Feb 28, 2004
Cycler6n said:
no, why similer problem?

I and a friend had a problem with the Conti's. I popped 3 tubes before I gave up. The problem was at the rim/bead interface. If the problem area is not at the rim but in the sidewall or tread it is probably internal damage and I wouldn't ride the tire anymore.