tire recommendation

Theodore Heise

Guest
Hi all,

I've used low to mid-level Continental clinchers (e.g., Ultra
3000) on my road bike for year, but don't see much from them
that's reasonably priced now except for perhaps the UltraSport for
~$15-20. I'm a recreational rider, and would like some tire
recommendations--either Continental or other.

Thanks!

--
Theodore (Ted) Heise <[email protected]> Bloomington, IN, USA

On Jul 18, 3:14 pm, Theodore Heise <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've used low to mid-level Continental clinchers (e.g., Ultra
> 3000) on my road bike for year, but don't see much from them
> that's reasonably priced now except for perhaps the UltraSport for
> ~$15-20. I'm a recreational rider, and would like some tire
> recommendations--either Continental or other.

There are many great tires, so at random, I'll recommend IRC Road
Winner II Duro 700x28 tires at Nashbar for $13. Super ride, flat
resistant, what more ya want?

http://tinyurl.com/3342ex

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 10:43:07 -0700,
landotter <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jul 18, 3:14 pm, Theodore Heise <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> I've used low to mid-level Continental clinchers (e.g., Ultra
>> 3000) on my road bike for year, but don't see much from them
>> that's reasonably priced now except for perhaps the UltraSport
>> for ~$15-20. I'm a recreational rider, and would like some
>> tire recommendations--either Continental or other.

> There are many great tires, so at random, I'll recommend IRC
> Road Winner II Duro 700x28 tires at Nashbar for $13. Super ride,
> flat resistant, what more ya want?
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3342ex

Thanks, I'll take a look.

--

On Jul 18, 1:14 pm, Theodore Heise <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've used low to mid-level Continental clinchers (e.g., Ultra
> 3000) on my road bike for year, but don't see much from them
> that's reasonably priced now except for perhaps the UltraSport for
> ~$15-20. I'm a recreational rider, and would like some tire
> recommendations--either Continental or other.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Theodore (Ted) Heise <[email protected]> Bloomington, IN, USA

I recommend the six dollar cheng shin super hp at chucksbikes.com.

dkl

On Jul 18, 2:14 pm, Theodore Heise <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've used low to mid-level Continental clinchers (e.g., Ultra
> 3000) on my road bike for year, but don't see much from them
> that's reasonably priced now except for perhaps the UltraSport for
> ~$15-20. I'm a recreational rider, and would like some tire
> recommendations--either Continental or other.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Theodore (Ted) Heise <[email protected]> Bloomington, IN, USA

Hard to buy a 'bad' tire at a local bike shop. Many good tires out
there, both wire and folding. Ritchey, Conti, Vittoria, IRC, Kenda,
etc.....

landotter wrote:
> There are many great tires, so at random, I'll recommend IRC Road
> Winner II Duro 700x28 tires at Nashbar for $13. Super ride, flat
> resistant, what more ya want?
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3342ex

One of my favorites, but now made in Korea and more like $20 at
Nashbar.

They measure 25 mm on my rims.

Art Harris

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 09:56:33 -0700,
Art Harris <[email protected]> wrote:
> landotter wrote:
>> There are many great tires, so at random, I'll recommend IRC Road
>> Winner II Duro 700x28 tires at Nashbar for $13. Super ride, flat
>> resistant, what more ya want?
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/3342ex

> One of my favorites, but now made in Korea and more like $20 at
> Nashbar.
>
> They measure 25 mm on my rims.

Thanks for the suggestions.

--
Theodore (Ted) Heise <[email protected]> Bloomington, IN, USA