Tire Recommendations

Creatre

Mar 11, 2010
I need some help picking out a new set of tires. I've been trying to do research, but everyone is so mixed on reviews, so I have been trying to figure out what is really decent or not. I have a set of Michelin Dynamics that came on my new bike stock, but I have gotten 5 flats in the first 350 miles and the front tire has a cut already. I just moved out to Phoenix, AZ from SC and I'm not used to having road debris everywhere so have no experience with puncture resistant tires. I avoid the big stuff, but there are little rocks/pebbles and glass it seems like everywhere. The Cont GP4000 sound pretty good, but are way pricey. I would rather pay less and have something a little worse but similar, however if that is what I need to get than I will pay up. Would like to stick to a 23C tire unless you guys think I need the 25C for puncture resistance.

Any advice or recommendations would be great, thanks.

Creatre said:
I need some help picking out a new set of tires. I've been trying to do research, but everyone is so mixed on reviews, so I have been trying to figure out what is really decent or not. I have a set of Michelin Dynamics that came on my new bike stock, but I have gotten 5 flats in the first 350 miles and the front tire has a cut already. I just moved out to Phoenix, AZ from SC and I'm not used to having road debris everywhere so have no experience with puncture resistant tires. I avoid the big stuff, but there are little rocks/pebbles and glass it seems like everywhere. The Cont GP4000 sound pretty good, but are way pricey. I would rather pay less and have something a little worse but similar, however if that is what I need to get than I will pay up. Would like to stick to a 23C tire unless you guys think I need the 25C for puncture resistance.

Any advice or recommendations would be great, thanks.

This is very simple. Michelin Krylions for flat protection and winter training. Michelin Pro3 Race when the pavement is good and most of the crud is off the roads.

jojoma said:
This is very simple. Michelin Krylions for flat protection and winter training. Michelin Pro3 Race when the pavement is good and most of the crud is off the roads.

Well I was about to order the Michelin Krylions and I heard all of the new ones are made in Asia and they blow compared to the old style made in France. Just rumors and I should get anyways?

I use Schwalbe tires and i have to say they are the best tires for the money. If you want a 25C tire i would go with Schwalbe Marathon Plus 700c if you want a good 23c i would go with Schwalbe Durano Plus Road Tire if you want to save money then the Schwalbe Blizzard Road Tire will give you great protection at a great price you can get them in both 25c and 23c.