tire size

convert

Mar 4, 2004
I have just swiched from full suspension mountain bike to a performance hybrid (it's an age thing) now my questions just how limited am I on gravel roads with 700 cc X 350 tires

Gravel shouldn't pose too much a problem. The biggest problem with the 700c x 35 tires are when you taking it off road in wet muddy conditions. The tires typically have a higher pressure than the mountain bike tires and they tend to cut into wet soil and sink. In addition to sinking they also tend to get mud on the side of the rims making braking a little less effective and may even make an annoying rubbing sound.

Dan.

Originally posted by convert
I have just swiched from full suspension mountain bike to a performance hybrid (it's an age thing) now my questions just how limited am I on gravel roads with 700 cc X 350 tires

Originally posted by BanditManDan
Gravel shouldn't pose too much a problem. The biggest problem with the 700c x 35 tires are when you taking it off road in wet muddy conditions. The tires typically have a higher pressure than the mountain bike tires and they tend to cut into wet soil and sink. In addition to sinking they also tend to get mud on the side of the rims making braking a little less effective and may even make an annoying rubbing sound.

Dan.

Thanks Dan