Tire Tread Formula - 25% of tread = - 75% of traction.

D T W .../\\...

Guest
Saw this in a mag. If your tire tread's worn 25% you loose 75% of your traction.

Agree ___ Disagree ___ Don't Know ___ Don't Care ___ (

mmmm new tires ;-) Tried a Hutchinson Scorpion 2.1 - It wouldn't fit as a rear tire. Rubbed my chain
stay. Put it up front. Seems like a winner.

--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...

I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing. The rest I've just wasted.

"D T W .../\\..." <[email protected]> <"D T W .../\\..." <vze3n4p8 @verizon.net>> spoke thusly...
> Saw this in a mag. If your tire tread's worn 25% you loose 75% of your traction.
>
> Agree ___ Disagree ___ Don't Know ___ Don't Care ___ (

Depends, i have a well worn rear tire, and i have less mud traction, but better smooth surface
traction (ie, slick rock). So i have both lost and gained traction.
--
~Travis

http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

> Saw this in a mag. If your tire tread's worn 25% you loose 75% of your traction.
>
> Agree ___ Disagree ___ Don't Know ___ Don't Care ___

Disagree. It seems opposite to me. I lose 25% of my traction after my tread is worn 75%. =)

-John Morgan

(

> > Chris
>
> Agree, but only because i'm building one up like that and like feeling superior ;)
>
> Jon Bond

You forgot to mention your sponsors Jon.

"ctg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >
> > "ctg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:i%[email protected]...
> > >
> > > "D T W .../\..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > $3,000
> > > and isn't full suspension then it's ****.

> (

> > > Chris
> >
> > Agree, but only because i'm building one up like that and like feeling superior ;)
> >
> > Jon Bond
> >

> You forgot to mention your sponsors Jon.

Shimano, Marzocchi, Quad Cycles, bikedoctraining.com, K2bikes, rudy project, speedplay, Lanterne
Rouge, and outpost.com

better?

Jon Bond incredibly broke right now ;)

Jon Bond <[email protected]> spoke thusly...

> > Jon Bond thoughtfully penned:
> > >>
> > > Shimano, Marzocchi, Quad Cycles, bikedoctraining.com, K2bikes, rudy project, speedplay,
> > > Lanterne Rouge, and outpost.com
> > >
> > > better?
> > >
> > > Jon Bond incredibly broke right now ;)
> >
> > careful you are starting to sound like Travis...
>
> All I need are some disc wheels. Or I'll jump off a bridge.
>
> Jon "too nice outside to be depressed; just manic" Bond

Sorry, all i got is a Thomson seatpost and Selle seat, and a box full of dead (or near dead)
Goose parts. oh, wait, i still have a extra BB too (maybe it would have fit the Goose before i
shipped it away).

If i had disk wheels, i would probably be using them (if they were disk and rim anyway). ;-)
--
~Travis

http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

> Jon Bond <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
> >
> > "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Jon Bond thoughtfully penned:

> > > careful you are starting to sound like Travis...
> >
> > All I need are some disc wheels. Or I'll jump off a bridge.
> >
> > Jon "too nice outside to be depressed; just manic" Bond
> >

> Sorry, all i got is a Thomson seatpost and Selle seat, and a box full of dead (or near dead) Goose
> parts. oh, wait, i still have a extra BB too (maybe it would have fit the Goose before i shipped
> it away).
>
> If i had disk wheels, i would probably be using them (if they were disk and rim anyway). ;-)
> --
> ~Travis
>
> http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

thomson post wouldn't happen to be 30.9, wouldit? ;)

Jon Bond

Jon Bond <[email protected]> spoke thusly...

> "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Jon Bond <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
> > >
> > > "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > > All I need are some disc wheels. Or I'll jump off a bridge.
> > >
> > > Jon "too nice outside to be depressed; just manic" Bond
> > >

> > Sorry, all i got is a Thomson seatpost and Selle seat, and a box full of dead (or near dead)
> > Goose parts. oh, wait, i still have a extra BB too (maybe it would have fit the Goose before i
> > shipped it away).
> >
> > If i had disk wheels, i would probably be using them (if they were disk and rim anyway). ;-)
> > --
> > ~Travis
> >
> > http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/
>
> thomson post wouldn't happen to be 30.9, wouldit? ;)
>
> Jon Bond

sorry, 28.6. lots of shims maybe?
--
~Travis

http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

> Jon Bond <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
> >
> > "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Jon Bond <[email protected]> spoke thusly...

> > > Sorry, all i got is a Thomson seatpost and Selle seat, and a box full
of
> > > dead (or near dead) Goose parts. oh, wait, i still have a extra BB too (maybe it would have
> > > fit the Goose before i shipped it away).
> > >
> > > If i had disk wheels, i would probably be using them (if they were
disk
> > > and rim anyway). ;-)
> > > --
> > > ~Travis
> > >
> > > http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/
> >
> > thomson post wouldn't happen to be 30.9, wouldit? ;)
> >
> > Jon Bond
> >

> sorry, 28.6. lots of shims maybe?
> --
> ~Travis
>
> http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

nah, I'll just see if my boss will give me one for near cost - I sold like 10 bikes for him
saturday, so maybe he won't be a tightwad ;)

Jon Bond