Tire Width Range for a Mavic T-224 Rim.

Narayan Krishna

Guest
Hello,

I am considering getting a 2004 REI Novara Randonee for a
year round commuter. It comes with Mavic T-224 rims. I
checked the Mavic site and couldn't find the tire width
information I was looking for. I was wondering..

a) What the narrowest width tire you have mounted on this
rim is? Brand and size would be appreciated.
b) I am thinking of running ESGE/SKS P45 Fenders on these...
Would a 700cX35 studded tire fit on this frame? Has
anyone tried this?!

The basic idea is to run the narrowest possible tires in the
good season and run the studded tires in the winter.

Thanks! Narayan (from Vancouver, BC, Canada).

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 11:39:44 +0000, Narayan Krishnamoorthy wrote:

> I am considering getting a 2004 REI Novara Randonee for a
> year round commuter. It comes with Mavic T-224 rims. I
> checked the Mavic site and couldn't find the tire width
> information I was looking for. I was wondering..
>
> a) What the narrowest width tire you have mounted on this
> rim is? Brand and size would be appreciated.

The outer width of these rims is 24 mm if this info
can help you.