tire woes, failed business, no mags...

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Christopher Jor, Feb 26, 2003.

  1. The preceeding posts are rather humorous, but mainly when it is not your money; spend $; get e-mails
    if anything at all, I see why people are pissed off. The only recumbent bike shop here ordered 1
    BikeE- got 4 (had no room or money for more than 1) so is now totally disgusted with bents and does
    not want them around.

    That damn recumbent magazine (NOT R.C.N.) that promises reviews in January and a new issue on the
    presses has screwed up for the last time. Hello! Almost March!!! Not worth subscribing to.

    New lightweight models! Bigger wheels! Etc., etc., etc... Bah.

    I bought a brand new Schwalbie tire- within 1 month KABANG! All I could do is smile and mutter to
    myself "no more Schwalbies".

    Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

    Tags:

  2. Everytime I buy some bike that weighs less than the one I already had...suddenly Cheesecake and
    Chocolate get added to my daily diet and then I go looking for an even lighter bike. Thursday I
    begin my diet before my waist creates it's own gravitational pull and small planets begin to orbit
    me. My wife came home from her job last week with 3 dozen muffins and 2 dozen Turnovers and 2 dozen
    Eclairs and 3 dozen Peanutbutter cookies and NOT being one who feels good about throwing away
    food...I just had the last of the noshes and the diet is about to happen. It has to start
    Thursday cause my wife called to say she is returning with 2 dozen Pecan and Butter Tarts
    tonite.....hmmm hope this isn't another plan of hers to cash in my Life Insurance policies.
    "Christopher Jordan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > The preceeding posts are rather humorous, but mainly when it is not your money; spend $; get
    > e-mails if anything at all, I see why people are pissed off. The only recumbent bike shop here
    > ordered 1 BikeE- got 4 (had no room or money for more than 1) so is now totally disgusted with
    > bents and does not want them around.
    >
    > That damn recumbent magazine (NOT R.C.N.) that promises reviews in January and a new issue on the
    > presses has screwed up for the last time. Hello! Almost March!!! Not worth subscribing to.
    >
    > New lightweight models! Bigger wheels! Etc., etc., etc... Bah.
    >
    > I bought a brand new Schwalbie tire- within 1 month KABANG! All I could do is smile and mutter to
    > myself "no more Schwalbies".
    >
    > Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

  3. B. Sanders

    B. Sanders Guest

    news:%[email protected]...
    > Everytime I buy some bike that weighs less than the one I already had...suddenly Cheesecake and
    > Chocolate get added to my daily diet and
    then
    > I go looking for an even lighter bike. Thursday I begin my diet before my waist creates it's own
    > gravitational pull and small planets begin to orbit
    > me. My wife came home from her job last week with 3 dozen muffins and 2 dozen Turnovers and 2
    > dozen Eclairs and 3 dozen Peanutbutter cookies and
    NOT
    > being one who feels good about throwing away food...I just had the last of the noshes and the diet
    > is about to happen.

    Be strong, man! Eclairs would ruin me. Maybe your wife doesn't want you to run away. She knows you
    won't waddle very fast, and she can catch you before you get very far ;-)

    > It has to start Thursday cause my wife called to say she is returning with 2 dozen Pecan and
    > Butter Tarts tonite.....hmmm hope this isn't another plan of hers to cash in my Life Insurance
    > policies.

    OMG! Do you have a Sam's Club membership? This sounds like the Attack of the Family Snack
    Pack to me.

    -Barry

  4. Bentrider

    Bentrider Guest

    > That damn recumbent magazine (NOT R.C.N.) that promises reviews in January and a new issue on the
    > presses has screwed up for the last time. Hello! Almost March!!! Not worth subscribing to.

    I THINK you were joking anyway but... If you're talking about 'BentRider, the loss of the January
    issue was just due to the move and we DID have an issue up first week of February and another one
    coming Monday or so. The handheld version is even up to date now. We don't have "presses" so I guess
    you're not talking about me anyway.

    Bryan J. Ball www.bentrideronline.com

  5. Not sure here, but me thinks Chris was talking about some Magazine he subscribed to that has to do
    with Tandems/Trikes and said Magazine has had a less than stellar track record for sending out
    copies on schedule.
    "'BentRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > That damn recumbent magazine (NOT R.C.N.) that promises reviews in January and a new issue on
    > > the presses has screwed up for the last time. Hello! Almost March!!! Not worth subscribing to.
    >
    > I THINK you were joking anyway but... If you're talking about 'BentRider, the loss of the January
    > issue was just due to the move and we DID have an issue up first week of February and another one
    > coming Monday or so. The handheld version is even up to date now. We don't have "presses" so I
    > guess you're not talking about me anyway.
    >
    > Bryan J. Ball www.bentrideronline.com

  6. [email protected] ('BentRider) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > That damn recumbent magazine (NOT R.C.N.) that promises reviews in January and a new issue on
    > > the presses has screwed up for the last time. Hello! Almost March!!! Not worth subscribing to.
    >
    > I THINK you were joking anyway but... If you're talking about 'BentRider, the loss of the January
    > issue was just due to the move and we DID have an issue up first week of February and another one
    > coming Monday or so. The handheld version is even up to date now. We don't have "presses" so I
    > guess you're not talking about me anyway.
    >
    > Bryan J. Ball www.bentrideronline.com

    GOSH! Sorry about the similarity! Certainly not B.R.O.L. The comment is on subscribing to Recumbent
    and Tandem Rider. I go through all the hooplah of asking this group and IHPVA where is my magazine
    each season or promised edition (January) and I get seriously annoyed with paying for them.

    B.R.O.L. is not a paid subscription for me, and for that reason is one of my favorites!

    Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

  7. Srod

    Srod Guest

    "Christopher Jordan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]... <snip>
    > I go through all the hooplah of asking this group and IHPVA where is my magazine each season or
    > promised edition (January) and I get seriously annoyed with paying for them.

    My idle curiosity makes me wonder why you are going through the hooplah of asking IHPVA and ARBR
    where your magazines are instead of going directly to Recumbent and Tandem Rider with the question.
    No need for you to respond to this, but if you will contact them directly you'll save time and most
    likely lessen your annoyance.

  8. Hel-Bent

    Hel-Bent Guest

    This is too funny! It's like being on an elevator and smelling the tell-tale odor of a turd and
    exclaiming, "P.U.! Who did it?" Only to look around and find everyones blushing....

    --
    Rickey Horwitz Hell-bent Cycle Works http://www.hellbentcycles.com

    "Christopher Jordan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] ('BentRider) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > That damn recumbent magazine (NOT R.C.N.) that promises reviews in January and a new issue on
    > > > the presses has screwed up for the last time. Hello! Almost March!!! Not worth subscribing to.
    > >
    > > I THINK you were joking anyway but... If you're talking about 'BentRider, the loss of the
    > > January issue was just due to the move and we DID have an issue up first week of February and
    > > another one coming Monday or so. The handheld version is even up to date now. We don't have
    > > "presses" so I guess you're not talking about me anyway.
    > >
    > > Bryan J. Ball www.bentrideronline.com
    >
    > GOSH! Sorry about the similarity! Certainly not B.R.O.L. The comment is on subscribing to
    > Recumbent and Tandem Rider. I go through all the hooplah of asking this group and IHPVA where is
    > my magazine each season or promised edition (January) and I get seriously annoyed with paying
    > for them.
    >
    > B.R.O.L. is not a paid subscription for me, and for that reason is one of my favorites!
    >
    > Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

  9. "Hel-bent" skrev ...
    > This is too funny! It's like being on an elevator and smelling the tell-tale odor of a turd and
    > exclaiming, "P.U.! Who did it?" Only to look around and find everyones blushing....

    Does people leave turds in elevators where you live? Remind me to give that place a miss. ;-)

    Mikael

  10. "srod" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > My idle curiosity makes me wonder why you are going through the hooplah of asking IHPVA and ARBR
    > where your magazines are instead of going directly to Recumbent and Tandem Rider with the
    > question.

    I obviously have, if you had read previous posts- many times. To which Mr.Doyle answered me, on this
    list, and probably the other 5 or so people asking here. Easier talking to a brick wall.

    Chris Jordan

  11. Geob

    Geob Guest

    > Thursday I begin my diet before my waist creates it's own gravitational pull and small planets
    > begin to orbit me.

    Well put. I have seen a disturbing restlessness in small objects near my path, perhaps this is an
    explanation.

    > My wife came home from her job last week with 3 dozen muffins and 2 dozen Turnovers and 2 dozen
    > Eclairs and 3 dozen Peanutbutter cookies

    Can you say 'enabler'? Run, don't walk, to the nearest 12-step program, sign up your wife for the
    co-dependent group and .. uh.. oh, never mind..

    I can't get my wife to stop dragging that dang ice cream stuff home. Cookies, snacks, donuts,
    junk food.

    She says, "You should have more self-discipline".

    I have answered, "I have enough to not buy the dang stuff and bring it home, but not enough to stare
    at it for a week w/o eating it. Please PLEASE eat all you want, as often as you want, but do it away
    from here"!

    I am a pre-diabetic and do well enough on my own, it's all this 'help' I don't need. Wonder if all
    that would change if I canceled my life insurance...