Tires anyone?

knobby

Dec 17, 2004
I am looking for the 20 inch knobby tires that we used back in the 80's for the logging roads and slate dumps, size 2.225

I'm hooking up another set of wheels after all these years using a chrome Dyno frame. Killer bike so far. Currently has k-rad 20 x 1.95

They may not even make them anymore but I really need the originals because they are quality tires. I also need the same size tire in street slicks.

I prefer the tires made back then since modern off road tires have little grip and are made of inferior rubber. With this set of tires I need the tubes to match, preferably thick tubes that are also quality rubber. The tubes made now are disposable and can't be patched even if it is a pin hole because the type of rubber they make them of rejects a patch. Made that way to generate a second sale but a quality tube can be patched.

Anyone know if there is a source of these tires and tubes online?

knobby said:
I am looking for the 20 inch knobby tires that we used back in the 80's for the logging roads and slate dumps, size 2.225

I'm hooking up another set of wheels after all these years using a chrome Dyno frame. Killer bike so far. Currently has k-rad 20 x 1.95

They may not even make them anymore but I really need the originals because they are quality tires. I also need the same size tire in street slicks.

I prefer the tires made back then since modern off road tires have little grip and are made of inferior rubber. With this set of tires I need the tubes to match, preferably thick tubes that are also quality rubber. The tubes made now are disposable and can't be patched even if it is a pin hole because the type of rubber they make them of rejects a patch. Made that way to generate a second sale but a quality tube can be patched.

Anyone know if there is a source of these tires and tubes online?

Obviously I'm not welcome here. This post has had 64 views and no one has said not one single word. Now that is hospitality. Bye.

_

Don't be offended. Perhaps no-one has any idea where to get these tires. I sure don't.