tires, the wider the better: but slower?

Greens ??? wrote:
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 16:36:57 -0000, datakoll <[email protected]>
>> wrote:

>>> http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=17306&category=196
>>>
>>> http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=16624&category=196
>>>
>>> front and rear?
>>> With Vapors a 3 wheel suite?
>>> But no 1.4" eyeleted rim. Nada.
>>> $25 my hine

>> The less rubber on the road the faster you go. Try riding with tires
>> slightly under-inflated and then fully inflated.

> The ultimate speed tire would then be solid metal with a little pasted on
> rubber layer an eighth of an inch thick for traction. You could cut the
> rubber out of a tube and glue it to the metal wheel which would have to be
> shaped like an inflated tire more or less. The ride would be awful, but
> somewhat mediated by shocks and a good seat. Potholes without shocks would
> probably break your wrists and tailbone if you werern't ready. Ultra light
> frames might crack as the shock is transfered but on a smooth track this
> kind of wheel should excel.

This type of tire would like make the handling of the bicycle VERY quick.

A Real Cyclist [TM] keeps at least one bicycle in the bedroom.

right. Greens absurd fallacy, concept stretched till it makes zero
sense is the fullcrumb here. How peddeling hard is the Surely Pugslee?
One camp and the adverts say narrow, the other fat, the rim makers say
screw you buddy.
Theignorant peddle on eternally uphill on knobbies over pavement.
The line as i saw it:
Conti stops at 37c in the USA but stops at 2.1 in Yurp
Schwalbe, recently brought up to date from wood to rubber by billions
of Chinese US Treasury notes sez MARKET SHARE MARKET SHARE
with a 2.35 "BIG APPLE" I assume the translation is the Chinese will
soon own "BIG APPLE" before the sea reclams it.
does Conti indicate rational top width balance (of the factors
discussed) at 2.1?
Is Scwalbe just yanking our chain with "one better"

I'll let you know next year.