tires, tires everywhere...

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Jj, Mar 10, 2003.

  1. Jj

    Jj Guest

    tires, tires everywhere... I've been trying to sort out tire sizes and I think the recipe is missing
    tail of newt and leg of toad, in short its all comes across as a mystery. Here is the situation. My
    bike (Norco) came with 700 x 38C Kenda tires. Sort of a smooth thread in the middle with knobs on
    either side. OK tires but I find the thread wears quickly. I estimate by mid summer it will be time
    for a change. Here are the questions: Can a thinner tire be fitted to the rims? The bulk of my
    riding is on paved bike paths, Montreal, Laval, Oka. The greatest obstacle is broken glass. I may do
    some groomed trail riding. (Petit train du nord) I looking for something a little thinner , the path
    of least resistance. I average about 250 to 300 km a week.

    I welcome suggestions and advice.

    JJ

    Tags:

  2. Will Platts

    Will Platts Guest

    Sure you can!

    Just go down to your local shop and ask for some slicks. There are many different ones available,
    and I've been riding on some ones who's name escapes me for a couple of years now. I'm thinking of
    moving back to knoblies, but I would miss the increase in speed..

    news:[email protected]...