tires

theyoungkid

Jul 29, 2004
today while I was on my bike ride I had just turned around to head home when i run over a STAPLE :eek: :rolleyes: ... OF ALL THINGS lol, well the staple put a pinprick in my front tire,and soon I hear it letting go of air, well at the LBS I have a unlimted tube replacement along with a warranty/tune-up thing I got for $50 for 5 years, but that is ONLY tube replacement not inlcluding normal wear n tear on the tire, so can I just have them replace the tube and get away with it, or will it grow bigger and bigger anytime soon until I have to buy a new tire (I am 14 , just bought the bike, no money, and don't want to buy a tire if at all possible)

theyoungkid said:
today while I was on my bike ride I had just turned around to head home when i run over a STAPLE :eek: :rolleyes: ... OF ALL THINGS lol, well the staple put a pinprick in my front tire,and soon I hear it letting go of air, well at the LBS I have a unlimted tube replacement along with a warranty/tune-up thing I got for $50 for 5 years, but that is ONLY tube replacement not inlcluding normal wear n tear on the tire, so can I just have them replace the tube and get away with it, or will it grow bigger and bigger anytime soon until I have to buy a new tire (I am 14 , just bought the bike, no money, and don't want to buy a tire if at all possible)
You wouldn't need a new tire.

You won't need to worry about a new tire. A little pin hole like that won't make any difference as long as you get the staple out.

Of course if you don't get the staple out you'll be using quite a bit of that warranty.;)

I commute to work, and ride along a canal on the back side of a lower end appartment complex, so there is broken glass all of the time on the canal. (This morning there was a torched car off to the side, but that is another story) I average about a flat a week. I ride slicks on a mountain bike, and they look like swiss cheese. My tires a so full of holes, even I am amazed they still roll. But for $50US for a set of tires, I don't want to buy them very often. Although, I wore out a pair just last week (2100 miles) and my tube was sticking through the tire, that's when you need to worry. :)

amaddeus said:
I commute to work, and ride along a canal on the back side of a lower end appartment complex, so there is broken glass all of the time on the canal. (This morning there was a torched car off to the side, but that is another story) I average about a flat a week. I ride slicks on a mountain bike, and they look like swiss cheese. My tires a so full of holes, even I am amazed they still roll. But for $50US for a set of tires, I don't want to buy them very often. Although, I wore out a pair just last week (2100 miles) and my tube was sticking through the tire, that's when you need to worry. :)

well that might be a lil much but one staple removed is no biggie