tires

J

Jsarchin

Recently replaced the stock comets with Kenda Kwest 1.5's on my vrex. I am way slower but have
better traction in the wet. Any suggestions for fast tires that last,stick and aren't total dogs?

-Thanks

jsarchin wrote:

> Recently replaced the stock comets with Kenda Kwest 1.5's on my vrex. I am way slower but have
> better traction in the wet. Any suggestions for fast tires that last,stick and aren't total dogs?

Avocet Fasgrip slicks. For paved road riding on a RANS V-Rex I would use 47-406 (20x1.75) Freestyle
front and 37-559 (26x1.5) City rear tires.

I have an older set of 47-406 gumwall Freestyle tires on my RANS Rocket. They have a considerable
amount of tread left after 4000+ miles, have not been puncture prone, provide much better wet
traction than the stock Primo Comets did, have low rolling resistance, and offer excellent dry
cornering.

My only complaint is that they do not make a 40-305 version. :(

<http://www.avocet.com/tirepages/carbon12_specs.html>.

Tom Sherman - Quad Cities (Illinois Side)

In article <[email protected]>, jsarchin says...
>
>Recently replaced the stock comets with Kenda Kwest 1.5's on my vrex. I am way slower but have
>better traction in the wet. Any suggestions for fast tires that last,stick and aren't total dogs?

I have been quite happy with Vredestein S-licks, which are about 1.3. Ridden them many times in the
rain and they seemed pretty good. On my newer bike I am using Stelvios, which seem super fast,
though my jury is still out for durability and rain traction.

Steve Christensen Midland, MI