Tirreno stage 6

Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> 1. Bettini 2. Freire 3. Zabel

33. Igor Astarloa

The man is not exactly being transformed by his rainbow
jersey, but on the other hand, he hasn't been dropped once
so far in T-A. A very different breed of champion, compared
with Cipollini.

-Sonarrat.

"Sonarrat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]... but
on
> the other hand, he hasn't been dropped once so far in T-A.
> A very different breed of champion, compared with
> Cipollini.
>
> -Sonarrat.

Cipollini gets dropped because he's 6'2'' or so and is
not a climber

Originally posted by Sonarrat
Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> 1. Bettini 2. Freire 3. Zabel

33. Igor Astarloa

The man is not exactly being transformed by his rainbow
jersey, but on the other hand, he hasn't been dropped once
so far in T-A. A very different breed of champion, compared
with Cipollini.

-Sonarrat.

Astarloa is in 3rd overall, only 18sec down. You can't really say he's letting down the rainbow stripes...
Disappointed to see Cipollini packing it in with only one stage to go though...

"Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Sonarrat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> .. but on
> > the other hand, he hasn't been dropped once so far in
> > T-A. A very different breed of champion, compared with
> > Cipollini.
> >
> > -Sonarrat.
>
> Cipollini gets dropped because he's 6'2'' or so and is not
> a climber

He looks extra plump this year, too. He needs to do some
big miles and cut weight if he wants to make it to Paris
this year.

He could extend his carreer by moving to the States and
getting a fatty masters license.

[email protected] (jim gravity) wrote:

>"Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>> "Sonarrat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>> .. but on
>> > the other hand, he hasn't been dropped once so far in
>> > T-A. A very different breed of champion, compared with
>> > Cipollini.
>> >
>> > -Sonarrat.
>>
>> Cipollini gets dropped because he's 6'2'' or so and is
>> not a climber
>
>He looks extra plump this year, too. He needs to do some
>big miles and cut weight if he wants to make it to Paris
>this year.
>
>He could extend his carreer by moving to the States and
>getting a fatty masters license.

If he comes to the States, he will play a Gaggioli and kick
your pros wannabes' butts big time.

Beetlebum <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Sonarrat wrote:
> > Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > > 1. Bettini 2. Freire 3. Zabel
> > 33. Igor Astarloa The man is not exactly being
> > transformed by his rainbow jersey, but on the
> > other hand, he hasn't been dropped once so far in
> > T-A. A very different breed of champion, compared
> > with Cipollini. -Sonarrat.
>
> Astarloa is in 3rd overall, only 18sec down. You can't
> really say he's letting down the rainbow stripes...
> Disappointed to see Cipollini packing it in with only one
> stage to go though...

No, Astarloa isn't a letdown at all... after today's stage,
Astarloa was 4th in the final general classification. He has
worked quite hard to show off his stripes and he has had a
few top-10 finishes already this season. It's still early,
but I see it as a good thing that a dark horse won the
championship, because he is putting a great deal of
enthusiasm into backing up his title.

-Sonarrat.

> Cipollini gets dropped because he's 6'2'' or so and is not
> a climber

Yes, that held back Miguel Indurain as well. If he wasn't so
tall, he would have won what, 8 or 9 TDFs instead of just 5?
What a pity...