Tirreno stage 6

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ewoud Dronkert, Mar 15, 2004.

  1. 1. Bettini 2. Freire 3. Zabel

    Tags:

  2. Sonarrat

    Sonarrat Guest

    Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > 1. Bettini 2. Freire 3. Zabel

    33. Igor Astarloa

    The man is not exactly being transformed by his rainbow
    jersey, but on the other hand, he hasn't been dropped once
    so far in T-A. A very different breed of champion, compared
    with Cipollini.

    -Sonarrat.

  3. Jiyang Chen

    Jiyang Chen Guest

    "Sonarrat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]... but
    on
    > the other hand, he hasn't been dropped once so far in T-A.
    > A very different breed of champion, compared with
    > Cipollini.
    >
    > -Sonarrat.

    Cipollini gets dropped because he's 6'2'' or so and is
    not a climber

  4. Beetlebum

    Beetlebum New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2003
    Astarloa is in 3rd overall, only 18sec down. You can't really say he's letting down the rainbow stripes...
    Disappointed to see Cipollini packing it in with only one stage to go though...

  5. Jim Gravity

    Jim Gravity Guest

    "Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Sonarrat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > .. but on
    > > the other hand, he hasn't been dropped once so far in
    > > T-A. A very different breed of champion, compared with
    > > Cipollini.
    > >
    > > -Sonarrat.
    >
    > Cipollini gets dropped because he's 6'2'' or so and is not
    > a climber

    He looks extra plump this year, too. He needs to do some
    big miles and cut weight if he wants to make it to Paris
    this year.

    He could extend his carreer by moving to the States and
    getting a fatty masters license.

  6. Davide Tosi

    Davide Tosi Guest

    [email protected] (jim gravity) wrote:

    >"Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>...
    >> "Sonarrat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >> .. but on
    >> > the other hand, he hasn't been dropped once so far in
    >> > T-A. A very different breed of champion, compared with
    >> > Cipollini.
    >> >
    >> > -Sonarrat.
    >>
    >> Cipollini gets dropped because he's 6'2'' or so and is
    >> not a climber
    >
    >He looks extra plump this year, too. He needs to do some
    >big miles and cut weight if he wants to make it to Paris
    >this year.
    >
    >He could extend his carreer by moving to the States and
    >getting a fatty masters license.

    If he comes to the States, he will play a Gaggioli and kick
    your pros wannabes' butts big time.

  7. Sonarrat

    Sonarrat Guest

    Beetlebum <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Sonarrat wrote:
    > > Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > 1. Bettini 2. Freire 3. Zabel
    > > 33. Igor Astarloa The man is not exactly being
    > > transformed by his rainbow jersey, but on the
    > > other hand, he hasn't been dropped once so far in
    > > T-A. A very different breed of champion, compared
    > > with Cipollini. -Sonarrat.
    >
    > Astarloa is in 3rd overall, only 18sec down. You can't
    > really say he's letting down the rainbow stripes...
    > Disappointed to see Cipollini packing it in with only one
    > stage to go though...

    No, Astarloa isn't a letdown at all... after today's stage,
    Astarloa was 4th in the final general classification. He has
    worked quite hard to show off his stripes and he has had a
    few top-10 finishes already this season. It's still early,
    but I see it as a good thing that a dark horse won the
    championship, because he is putting a great deal of
    enthusiasm into backing up his title.

    -Sonarrat.

  8. > Cipollini gets dropped because he's 6'2'' or so and is not
    > a climber

    Yes, that held back Miguel Indurain as well. If he wasn't so
    tall, he would have won what, 8 or 9 TDFs instead of just 5?
    What a pity...