'Tis the season for New Steeds?

cfsmtb

New Member
Apr 11, 2003
4,963
While we're at it, heres a sneak peek at my New Steed. ;)

"How To Build Up A Decent Road Bike For A Small Lady - For Under $1500"
P6190161.jpg

The New Steed is almost finished. Only finishing touches required are dust caps & pair of red shiny bidon cages. Bikesoiler is trying to convince me NOT to put matching red shiny guards on a road bike. But I want to, I wish to emulate a Dork image. And a postal rack. (how Audax) Look up for a sneak peek, ain't she beeaauti-ful? Further details on actual specs soon.

Quote from cycling news that's inspiring me to get out there & do some winter base training. Today: Yarra Boulevard. Tomorrow: 100km Alpine Classic. We all have our dreams, don't we?

*Who's the favourite to win tomorrow? "Me," concluded Rogers*

Unfortunately, Aitor Gonzalez pipped him by 46 seconds.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2005/jun05/jun20news2

If it wasn't for complications from a cold (ie: bung ears) I'd be out hooning around. :eek:

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:24:38 +1000, cfsmtb
<[email protected]> wrote:

>While we're at it, heres a sneak peek at my New Steed. ;)
>
>"How To Build Up A Decent Road Bike For A Small Lady - For Under
>$1500"
>[image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/cfsmtb/P6190161.jpg]
>
>The New Steed is almost finished. Only finishing touches required are
>dust caps & pair of red shiny bidon cages.

What do youwant dust caps for?

They're just weight for no benefit, and they retain water so they may
make valves corrode quicker.

They belong in the BIN!

Carl Brewer said:
What do youwant dust caps for?

They're just weight for no benefit, and they retain water so they may
make valves corrode quicker.

They belong in the BIN!

Not the valves, to neaten up the cranks et al. We care about the little details, and aesthetics.

cfsmtb said:
[...]

what's a cold, just double shot some stoli and you'll forget all about it!

yep, can the dust caps, I'm sure you don't plan on leaving her to gather it?, hey bring her along to the memorial at Junction Oval, there will be a revealing of lots of new steeds, TimC's ( now a veteran steed) , perhaps and maybe FD even, or the new Claes ride!, and moi too....woohoo new steeds, new steeds!
I thought this display of bounty and shiny new thingies only happened in Spring!!

rooman said:
what's a cold, just double shot some stoli and you'll forget all about it!

yep, can the dust caps, I'm sure you don't plan on leaving her to gather it?, hey bring her along to the memorial at Junction Oval, there will be a revealing of lots of new steeds, TimC's ( now a veteran steed) , perhaps and maybe FD even, or the new Claes ride!, and moi too....woohoo new steeds, new steeds!
I thought this display of bounty and shiny new thingies only happened in Spring!!

Yeah, I'd love to bring *Her* along to the RRR Community Cup. But going on past experience I should really take the commuter or SS. In 2002 it took me half an hour to figure out how to exit Richmond.

From Gosch's Paddock. I blame Goat for that.

get some of those iddy-bitty clear adhesive stickers to protect the frame from wher ethem nastee STI cables are rubbin up against the paintjob

(have just finished doing this to mine)

We expect a debut on a BR soon!

flyingdutch said:
get some of those iddy-bitty clear adhesive stickers to protect the frame from wher ethem nastee STI cables are rubbin up against the paintjob

(have just finished doing this to mine)

We expect a debut on a BR soon!

Clear? Clear? What about the CF patterned ones? :D

SteveA

flyingdutch said:
get some of those iddy-bitty clear adhesive stickers to protect the frame from wher ethem nastee STI cables are rubbin up against the paintjob

(have just finished doing this to mine)

We expect a debut on a BR soon!

STI? Na, we went new-old-retro with Kelly Take Offs
http://www.kellybike.com/2nd_xtra_takeoff.html

cfs "I'll be weightlifting with my thumbs soon" mtb