tissue salt research study - volunteers please

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Tb, Jan 27, 2004.

  1. Tb

    Tb Guest

    I am doing a pilot research study as part of my BA graduation requirement at Kepler College and am
    looking for another 125 volunteers for the study.

    The focus of the pilot study is to determine whether a meaningful and statistically significant
    relationship can be found between tissue/cell/Schuessler salts and the natal Sun sign as historical
    astrological theory suggests. As an initial pilot study, a narrow scope will be used. The research
    question will attempt to answer whether an [undisclosed] Sun sign has a greater response to its
    associated cell salt than other Sun signs.

    As I mentioned above, I need another 125 participants for the pilot study by February 15th, 2004.
    Volunteers need to be: (1) between 18 - 74 years old,
    (2) willing to answer 48 questions about the state of their health pre- and post-treatment, and (3)
    willing to take cell salt tablets twice a day for one month beginning March 1, 2004, (4) not
    currently taking cell salts, (5) reside in North America, and (6) need to know their day, year,
    time, and place of birth.

    All volunteer information will be under the strictest confidentiality. All participants will receive
    a copy of the study conclusions. The study is self-funded.

    If you would be interested or would like more information, please contact me directly at
    [email protected] Please type "tissue salt study" in the subject line so that I know your
    interest and can respond immediately.

    Thanks!

    Tags:

  2. Mark

    Mark Guest

    "tb" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]_s04>...
    > I am doing a pilot research study as part of my BA graduation requirement at Kepler College and am
    > looking for another 125 volunteers for the study.
    >
    > The focus of the pilot study is to determine whether a meaningful and statistically significant
    > relationship can be found between tissue/cell/Schuessler salts and the natal Sun sign as
    > historical astrological theory suggests. As an initial pilot study, a narrow scope will be used.
    > The research question will attempt to answer whether an [undisclosed] Sun sign has a greater
    > response to its associated cell salt than other Sun signs.
    >
    > As I mentioned above, I need another 125 participants for the pilot study by February 15th, 2004.
    > Volunteers need to be: (1) between 18 - 74 years old,
    > (2) willing to answer 48 questions about the state of their health pre- and post-treatment, and
    > (3) willing to take cell salt tablets twice a day for one month beginning March 1, 2004, (4)
    > not currently taking cell salts, (5) reside in North America, and (6) need to know their day,
    > year, time, and place of birth.
    >
    > All volunteer information will be under the strictest confidentiality. All participants will
    > receive a copy of the study conclusions. The study is self-funded.
    >
    > If you would be interested or would like more information, please contact me directly at
    > [email protected] Please type "tissue salt study" in the subject line so that I know
    > your interest and can respond immediately.
    >
    > Thanks!

    What is your null hypothesis?

    Mark, MD

  3. Anth

    Anth Guest

    This could suffer from selection bias - this group is full of alternative health people, already
    taking weird potions and concoctions. Anth

    "tb" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]_s04...
    > I am doing a pilot research study as part of my BA graduation requirement
    at
    > Kepler College and am looking for another 125 volunteers for the study.
    >
    > The focus of the pilot study is to determine whether a meaningful and statistically significant
    > relationship can be found between tissue/cell/Schuessler salts and the natal Sun sign as
    > historical astrological theory suggests. As an initial pilot study, a narrow scope will be used.
    > The research question will attempt to answer whether an [undisclosed] Sun sign has a greater
    > response to its associated cell salt than other Sun signs.
    >
    > As I mentioned above, I need another 125 participants for the pilot study
    by
    > February 15th, 2004. Volunteers need to be: (1) between 18 - 74 years
    old,
    > (2) willing to answer 48 questions about the state of their health pre-
    and
    > post-treatment, and (3) willing to take cell salt tablets twice a day for one month beginning
    > March 1, 2004, (4) not currently taking cell salts,
    (5)
    > reside in North America, and (6) need to know their day, year, time, and place of birth.
    >
    > All volunteer information will be under the strictest confidentiality.
    All
    > participants will receive a copy of the study conclusions. The study is self-funded.
    >
    > If you would be interested or would like more information, please contact
    me
    > directly at [email protected] Please type "tissue salt study"
    in
    > the subject line so that I know your interest and can respond immediately.
    >
    > Thanks!

  4. Carole

    Carole Guest

    "tb" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]_s04>...

    I doubt if you'll find much of a correlation because when you talk about somebody's sun sign, you
    are only taking into account one astrological indicator. You also need to take into account a
    person's rising sign and the year they were born.

    For example, when you study chinese astrology you will see that their are 12 animal signs, one for
    each year and then they repeat. Each time they repeat they have one of 5 different elements
    associated with them
    - fire, earth, water, wood and metal - this gives 60 combinations. Then you have the 12 months of
    the year which correspond to the western zodiac signs. Then each 24-hour day is broken up into 2
    hour segments, each one being allocated to one of the 12 animal signs which correspond to western
    zodiac signs.

    Therefore you can conclude that it is a little simplistic to try to match up each of the 12
    cellsalts with a zodiac sign, although I could be wrong.

    Dr George Carey has written a lot of books on cell/tissue salts and he seems to associate zodiac
    signs with astrology. Do a search for him at www.healthresearchbooks.com

    Carole http://www.austarmetro.com.au

  5. Wb

    Wb Guest

    On 27 Jan 2004 18:01:54 -0800, [email protected] (Carole) wrote:

    >Dr George Carey has written a lot of books on cell/tissue salts and he seems to associate zodiac
    >signs with astrology. Do a search for him at www.unhealthyspambooks.com <mung>

    Congratulations !

    You just earned a complaint to: [email protected]
    --

    "I can dance on the head of a pin as well"
    -Yoshimo

  6. Carole

    Carole Guest

    WB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On 27 Jan 2004 18:01:54 -0800, [email protected] (Carole) wrote:
    >
    > >Dr George Carey has written a lot of books on cell/tissue salts and he seems to associate zodiac
    > >signs with astrology. Do a search for him at www.unhealthyspambooks.com <mung>
    >

    > Congratulations !
    >
    > You just earned a complaint to: [email protected]

    I'm not as smart as you. Please walk me through why I got a complaint?

    Thanking you in advance.

    Carole http://www.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/health.htm