Titanium hex bolts.

Is it possible to get hold of these easily, as i'm hoping to change all the
*ahem* steel bolts with titanium ones.

--
Twinkle twinkle little star,
Guide me to the nearest bar.

I assume you mean "allen head"
or "cap head".
"Beasty Bargains" sells 'em on ebay

<http://stores.ebay.com/BEASTYBARGAINS_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm>

Here's a Chinese manufacturer:

<http://www.ti-product.com/t-allen.htm>
Try Googling Allen or cap head. HTH.

"Ne><uS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Is it possible to get hold of these easily, as i'm hoping to change all

the
> *ahem* steel bolts with titanium ones.

Before you change any steel bolts in critical high stress applications, I
suggest you really look into the appropriateness of titanium ones for these
applications.

"KLydesdale" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Ne><uS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Is it possible to get hold of these easily, as i'm hoping to change all

> the
>> *ahem* steel bolts with titanium ones.
>>

> Before you change any steel bolts in critical high stress applications, I
> suggest you really look into the appropriateness of titanium ones for
> these
> applications.

BB bolts, fork horseshoe bolts, bolts connecting the disc brakes to the
frame, stuff like that mainly. I'm finding the steel ones are rusting too
quickly, (i've had plenty bad experiences of srusted siezed bolts.)

"Ne><uS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "KLydesdale" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "Ne><uS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> Is it possible to get hold of these easily, as i'm hoping to change all

>> the
>>> *ahem* steel bolts with titanium ones.
>>>

>> Before you change any steel bolts in critical high stress applications, I
>> suggest you really look into the appropriateness of titanium ones for
>> these
>> applications.
>>

> BB bolts, fork horseshoe bolts, bolts connecting the disc brakes to the
> frame, stuff like that mainly. I'm finding the steel ones are rusting too
> quickly, (i've had plenty bad experiences of srusted siezed bolts.)

I would strongly recommend staying with steel bolts and replacing them on a
regular basis. If they're getting rusty all the time, make sure they're not
getting your sweat or road salt or beach salt in them. If so, spray the
bike down real quick after each ride. No need to scrub it down or anything,
just a rise will do.

Spray the bolts with WD-40 or dab some oil.... that'll keep it serviceable
better than Ti bolts.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

"Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> "Ne><uS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "KLydesdale" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> "Ne><uS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...
>>> the
>>>>

>>> Before you change any steel bolts in critical high stress applications,
>>> suggest you really look into the appropriateness of titanium ones for
>>> these
>>> applications.
>>>

>> BB bolts, fork horseshoe bolts, bolts connecting the disc brakes to the
>> frame, stuff like that mainly. I'm finding the steel ones are rusting
>> too quickly, (i've had plenty bad experiences of srusted siezed bolts.)

> I would strongly recommend staying with steel bolts and replacing them on
> a regular basis. If they're getting rusty all the time, make sure they're
> not getting your sweat or road salt or beach salt in them. If so, spray
> the bike down real quick after each ride. No need to scrub it down or
> anything, just a rise will do.
>
> Spray the bolts with WD-40 or dab some oil.... that'll keep it serviceable
> better than Ti bolts.
>
> --
> Phil, Squid-in-Training

Fair enough, that's pretty much what I have been doing with them. Tfth

"Ne><uS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Ne><uS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >>
> >> "KLydesdale" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

all

applications,

> >> BB bolts, fork horseshoe bolts, bolts connecting the disc brakes to the
> >> frame, stuff like that mainly. I'm finding the steel ones are rusting
> >> too quickly, (i've had plenty bad experiences of srusted siezed bolts.)

> > I would strongly recommend staying with steel bolts and replacing them

on
> > a regular basis. If they're getting rusty all the time, make sure

they're
> > not getting your sweat or road salt or beach salt in them. If so, spray
> > the bike down real quick after each ride. No need to scrub it down or
> > anything, just a rise will do.
> >
> > Spray the bolts with WD-40 or dab some oil.... that'll keep it

serviceable
> > better than Ti bolts.
> >
> > --
> > Phil, Squid-in-Training
> >

> Fair enough, that's pretty much what I have been doing with them. Tfth

Apply grease on the threads.

Per Ne><uS:
>I'm finding the steel ones are rusting too
>quickly, (i've had plenty bad experiences of srusted siezed bolts.)

Can somebody who knows comment on the use of stainless steel bolts instead?
--
PeteCresswell

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Go ss instead.

How does that change anything? SSs still have cranks, stems, and disc
brakes, don't they?

Ohhhh, I get it, you're demi-trolling!

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

"Ne><uS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]> wrote in
>> message news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> How does that change anything? SSs still have cranks, stems, and disc
>>> brakes, don't they?
>>>

>> SS = stainless steel
>>

> Lol, ta.

It's Wheeler's fault!

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

"Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> "Ne><uS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> "Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]> wrote
>>> in
>>> message news:[email protected]...

>>> SS = stainless steel
>>>

>> Lol, ta.