Titanium is the best material.

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Supabonbon, May 12, 2003.

  1. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    Tags:

  2. Reco Diver

    Reco Diver Guest

  3. Jd

    Jd Guest

    [email protected] (Reco Diver) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (supabonbon) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > No rusty pipes or soda cans for this puppy:
    > >
    > > http://www.avia-art.com/godzillawebsite/gnco/mechg.html
    > >
    > > /s
    >
    > But can it fly at mach 3.2+?
    >
    > http://www.smv.org/sr71specs.html

    I've been to that museum before. It's like a smaller version of the Smithsonian Air and Space in DC.
    I got lost in the Smithsonian once for a whole day. Amazing.

    JD

  4. Reco Diver

    Reco Diver Guest

    > [email protected] (Reco Diver) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > [email protected] (supabonbon) wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > No rusty pipes or soda cans for this puppy:
    > > >
    > > > http://www.avia-art.com/godzillawebsite/gnco/mechg.html
    > > >
    > > > /s
    > >
    > > But can it fly at mach 3.2+?
    > >
    > > http://www.smv.org/sr71specs.html
    >
    > I've been to that museum before. It's like a smaller version of the Smithsonian Air and Space in
    > DC. I got lost in the Smithsonian once for a whole day. Amazing.

    It was a mighty impressive aircraft. I had an in-law who worked on project Archangel (awa: Corona
    and Wild Boar). We use to shoot the sh*t about what it could and couldn't do. Considering that the
    tooling for the aircraft was destroyed in the 60's, it was funny that we were using data collected
    by them in the 90's. Too bad that the SR-71 is now just a test bed. Oh well all things change ...
    tomorrow will be my last day/night on the government take. Time to let my hair grow, hasn't been
    over a 1/2 inch since ~1984.

    http://www.wvi.com/~lelandh/srspee~1.htm

    http://www.sr-71.org/blackbird/diagrams/cockpitdiagrams.htm
    http://www.sr-71.org/blackbird/diagrams/sr-71diagram-04.gif

    gone riding

  5. Jd

    Jd Guest

    [email protected] (Reco Diver) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > [email protected] (Reco Diver) wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > [email protected] (supabonbon) wrote in message
    > > > news:<[email protected]>...

    > > > But can it fly at mach 3.2+?
    > > >
    > > > http://www.smv.org/sr71specs.html
    > >
    > > I've been to that museum before. It's like a smaller version of the Smithsonian Air and Space in
    > > DC. I got lost in the Smithsonian once for a whole day. Amazing.
    >
    > It was a mighty impressive aircraft.

    The last time I was in the Smithsonian was 1984, so it wasn't hanging from the ceiling just yet.

    > I had an in-law who worked on project Archangel (awa: Corona and Wild Boar). We use to shoot the
    > sh*t about what it could and couldn't do. Considering that the tooling for the aircraft was
    > destroyed in the 60's, it was funny that we were using data collected by them in the 90's. Too bad
    > that the SR-71 is now just a test bed. Oh well all things change ...

    Great things last in memory for a long time.

    > tomorrow will be my last day/night on the government take. Time to let my hair grow, hasn't been
    > over a 1/2 inch since ~1984.

    How Orwellian.

    > gone riding

    Sounds like a great idea. I'll be on my way here as soon as the cereal settles a bit. If you find
    yourself out this way, look me up. I'm not too hard to find.

    JD

  6. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Pete" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "JD" <[email protected]> wrote
    >
    > > > http://www.smv.org/sr71specs.html
    > >
    > > I've been to that museum before. It's like a smaller version of the Smithsonian Air and Space in
    > > DC. I got lost in the Smithsonian once for a whole day. Amazing.
    >
    > Have you been to the Wright-Pat museum? Pretty much one of *everything*, from a Wright Flyer (and
    > one of their bikes) to an F-22 body.

    In 1983 and again in 1992. JFKSWC HALO School used to use the wind tunnel at Wright-Pat and we
    would run their drops there. I have a friend who lives in Fairborn and went on a visit there when I
    lived in NC.

    > The bike was actually very cool. Extreme metalwork detail on the chainguard.

    I missed that, DOH.

    JD

  7. Reco Diver wrote:

    > I had an in-law who worked on project Archangel

    My Grandfather was the Master Tool Maker at the Sikorski helicopter plant, in CT. He used to get to
    talking after a few drinks.......