Titanium road frame

thinking of getting a Titanium road frame from China.
They're about half the price of anywhere else. Does
anyone have any experience or comments regarding
Chinese made Titanium frames?

> [email protected] wrote:
> > thinking of getting a Titanium road frame from China.
> > They're about half the price of anywhere else. Does
> > anyone have any experience or comments regarding
> > Chinese made Titanium frames?

> Start here:
> http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=xacd
> http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=xacd+group:aus.bicycle
>
> Marty is the resident 'xacd' expert I believe.. Marty?
>
> hippy

Rather than repeat too much old info I would say I'm generally happy with
mine (2 years old). I had a few problems when I sent the money to their Bank
of China account (banks like to deduct their own cut) but nothing too
drastic.

If you want more specifics you can email me....or wait for Marty to reply

Peter

Peter Vesel wrote:
> "hippy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>[email protected] wrote:
>>
>>>thinking of getting a Titanium road frame from China.
>>>They're about half the price of anywhere else. Does
>>>anyone have any experience or comments regarding
>>>Chinese made Titanium frames?

>>Start here:
>>http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=xacd
>>http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=xacd+group:aus.bicycle
>>
>>Marty is the resident 'xacd' expert I believe.. Marty?
>>
>>hippy
>>

> Rather than repeat too much old info I would say I'm generally happy with
> mine (2 years old). I had a few problems when I sent the money to their Bank
> of China account (banks like to deduct their own cut) but nothing too
> drastic.
>
> If you want more specifics you can email me....or wait for Marty to reply
>
> Peter

I wouldn't say I'm an expert. You have to be bold and just "Do it!".
I'd recommend getting seatpost, handlebars and any other bits you can
while you're at it. They can fit a fair bit in the box and the postage
costs will be the same.

Marty