TITEC Seatpost - right one? (And SHIM question)

Candt

Guest
I've just got my (UK) Titec Knock seatpost, but the decal just says ALU 7075 T6. Now I know this is
the material, but the Titec website actually has 'Knock' written on it. Have I been had? or is the
UK one slightly different?

Unfortunately - having a weird post size (29.2), I've had to also get a Shim to fit this post. Now
not wishing to open the 'to shim or not to shim' debate, I was just wondering that since the fit is
nice and snug at the top of the post, could I get another shim, take off the rounded top bit, and
fix it to the very bottom of the post, thats normally hidden, to provide the bottom of the post with
stability when its inserted into the frame... Any comments?

Cheers,

CandT

CandT wrote:
> I've just got my (UK) Titec Knock seatpost, but the decal just says ALU 7075 T6. Now I know this
> is the material, but the Titec website actually has 'Knock' written on it. Have I been had? or is
> the UK one slightly different?

Your post has different stickers from the one in the picture. I think you'll be alright.

> Unfortunately - having a weird post size (29.2), I've had to also get a Shim to fit this post. Now
> not wishing to open the 'to shim or not to shim' debate, I was just wondering that since the fit
> is nice and snug at the top of the post, could I get another shim, take off the rounded top bit,
> and fix it to the very bottom of the post, thats normally hidden, to provide the bottom of the
> post with stability when its inserted into the frame... Any comments?

Nope, you only need the top section shim. If posts needed longer, more supportive shims,
manufacturers would have made, you guessed it, longer, more supportive shims :)

--
a.m-b FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/ambfaq.htm

b.bmx FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/bmx_faq.htm

Cheers for that - all fitted and happy now.

CandT