Titus HCR

"Per Löwdin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi Does any one have any experience of the Titus HCR. Per
> http://user.tninet.se/~ipg289h/English.html

What is the question? It's the ultimate hardtail, handmade just 5 miles from my house. I've never
met a hardtail rider who wouldn't want one, and I've never met an owner of an HCR that wants
anything else.

-John Morgan
--
To reply, please remove NOSPAM from the return address.

"Per L wdin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi Does any one have any experience of the Titus HCR.

One of my friends has been riding a HCR for about five years. I only had to ask him once about it
bcause I didn't want to hear him rant and rave about how great it is a second time. He's put a lot
of miles on it and it's definitely "going the distance".

JD knows the Mutant who welds them

John Morgan wrote:
> "Per Löwdin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Hi Does any one have any experience of the Titus HCR. Per
>>http://user.tninet.se/~ipg289h/English.html
>

> What is the question? It's the ultimate hardtail, handmade just 5 miles from my house. I've never
> met a hardtail rider who wouldn't want one,

I'm a hardtail rider, and I don't want one. Far too skinny.

--
a.m-b FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/ambfaq.htm

b.bmx FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/bmx_faq.htm

Jonathan Harris <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> John Morgan wrote:
> > "Per Löwdin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> >>Hi Does any one have any experience of the Titus HCR. Per
> >>http://user.tninet.se/~ipg289h/English.html
> >

> > What is the question? It's the ultimate hardtail, handmade just 5 miles from my house. I've
> > never met a hardtail rider who wouldn't want one,
>
> I'm a hardtail rider, and I don't want one. Far too skinny.

'AOL' with nobs and bells and whistles on.

Shaun aRe
--
Take me out (somewhere nice) to reply.

> I'm a hardtail rider, and I don't want one. Far too skinny.

Too skinny?

Please develope that. I am looking for a hardtail that I can put a pannier rack on and use for
travel in third world countries, in countries as Lao, Camboida, India and possibly also some
singletrack in the Alps or wherever. Would have a coil sprung bomber. Looking for something light,
durable, and loveable. Have had a chromoly frame for years but now it seems to have reached the end.
Had Litespeed Pisgah in mind first. But it seems Litespeed does not sell frames only any more. Seven
is too expensive. And, I figured Titus might be just right. Normally, when we are not travelling I
ride Switchblade and my wife an Racer-X, and they are splendid bikes.

Am grateful for any advice on the HCR or any other frame.

Per http://user.tninet.se/~ipg289h/fu99/MTB.html

Per Löwdin wrote:
>>I'm a hardtail rider, and I don't want one. Far too skinny.
>

> Too skinny?
>
> Please develope that.

Too skinny for me. Don't know if it's just them covering their asses, but the recommended maximum
rider weight is 185lb (~84kg). I'm not that much over, but I still wouldn't risk it.

I am looking for a hardtail that I can put a pannier
> rack on and use for travel in third world countries, in countries as Lao, Camboida, India and
> possibly also some singletrack in the Alps or wherever. Would have a coil sprung bomber. Looking
> for something light, durable, and loveable. Have had a chromoly frame for years but now it seems
> to have reached the end. Had Litespeed Pisgah in mind first. But it seems Litespeed does not sell
> frames only any more. Seven is too expensive. And, I figured Titus might be just right. Normally,
> when we are not travelling I ride Switchblade and my wife an Racer-X, and they are splendid bikes.
>
> Am grateful for any advice on the HCR or any other frame.

As I say, it would be too skinny for me. You on the other hand, may be nice and light, in which
case, I imagine it would be nice. But there again, you've got to pack all your stuff on it, taking
it over the
limit. The other reservation I would have is that if you're trekking across 3rd world countries,
any trained monkey with a blow torch can weld a cro-mo frame back together. Finding someone
who can put a ti frame back together may be slightly harder to track down.

--
a.m-b FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/ambfaq.htm

b.bmx FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/bmx_faq.htm

Thanks Jonathan

I weigh about 62 kg, my wife about 44, so I have written Titus to ask what they think. Seems I would
cross the weight limit with a couple of kgs. Would find the FCR too expensive if they proposed that.
Of course it is more easy to weld a chromoly frame. On the other hand ti is supposed to be very
resilient and withstand corrosion so we don´t expect the frames to crack, though of course it can be
said, who would ... in any case so far I have never broken an MTB frame.

Per