TM-1 - Slacker

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by D T W .../\\..., Feb 2, 2003.

  1. Hey Slacker,

    Got my TM-1 from Excel yesterday. I have 5 wheels. 4 store bought and one, I made. I haven't tested
    all of the spokes yet but a quick look shows that I have a lot of work to do ;-( All of the wheels
    seem to be quite loose. Maybe I shouldn't have bought this. Ignorance was easier. Looks like a good
    tool. It's a simple design which you don't see in the pictures, It's a piece of bent spring wire
    with a screw adjuster. Would probably degrade over time but for home use on a few sets of wheels it
    should be fine. You'll be surprised at how much a spoke deflects with this tool. My TS-7 wheel
    truing stand arrives on Tuesday with a new rim and spokes.

    I'm using an XT disk hub, DTSwiss 14/15 spokes, and a Mavic 317 ;-)

    DTW .../\.../\.../\...

    Tags:

  2. D T W .../\\... wrote:
    > Hey Slacker,
    >
    > Got my TM-1 from Excel yesterday. I have 5 wheels. 4 store bought and one, I made. I haven't
    > tested all of the spokes yet but a quick look shows that I have a lot of work to do ;-( All of the
    > wheels seem to be quite loose. Maybe I shouldn't have bought this. Ignorance was easier. Looks
    > like a good tool. It's a simple design which you don't see in the pictures, It's a piece of bent
    > spring wire with a screw adjuster. Would probably degrade over time but for home use on a few sets
    > of wheels it should be fine. You'll be surprised at how much a spoke deflects with this tool. My
    > TS-7 wheel truing stand arrives on Tuesday with a new rim and spokes.
    >
    > I'm using an XT disk hub, DTSwiss 14/15 spokes, and a Mavic 317 ;-)
    >
    > DTW .../\.../\.../\...

    Nice, those are probably what my wheels are going to be built up with. Now I just need a bike and
    fork with disc tabs.... ;)

    Jon "Com" Bond

  3. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "D T W .../\..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:dL8%[email protected]...
    > Hey Slacker,
    >
    > Got my TM-1 from Excel yesterday. I have 5 wheels. 4 store bought and one, I made. I haven't
    > tested all of the spokes yet but a quick look shows that I have a lot of work to do ;-( All of the
    > wheels seem to be quite loose. Maybe I shouldn't have bought this. Ignorance was easier. Looks
    > like a good tool. It's a simple design which you don't see in the pictures, It's a piece of bent
    > spring wire with a screw adjuster. Would probably degrade over time but for home use on a few sets
    > of wheels it should be fine. You'll be surprised at how much a spoke deflects with this tool. My
    > TS-7 wheel truing stand arrives on Tuesday with a new rim and spokes.
    >
    > I'm using an XT disk hub, DTSwiss 14/15 spokes, and a Mavic 317 ;-)

    Thanks for the info!

    --
    Slacker