TM-1 - Slacker

D T W .../\\...

Guest
Hey Slacker,

Got my TM-1 from Excel yesterday. I have 5 wheels. 4 store bought and one, I made. I haven't tested
all of the spokes yet but a quick look shows that I have a lot of work to do ;-( All of the wheels
seem to be quite loose. Maybe I shouldn't have bought this. Ignorance was easier. Looks like a good
tool. It's a simple design which you don't see in the pictures, It's a piece of bent spring wire
with a screw adjuster. Would probably degrade over time but for home use on a few sets of wheels it
should be fine. You'll be surprised at how much a spoke deflects with this tool. My TS-7 wheel
truing stand arrives on Tuesday with a new rim and spokes.

I'm using an XT disk hub, DTSwiss 14/15 spokes, and a Mavic 317 ;-)

DTW .../\.../\.../\...

D T W .../\\... wrote:
> Hey Slacker,
>
> Got my TM-1 from Excel yesterday. I have 5 wheels. 4 store bought and one, I made. I haven't
> tested all of the spokes yet but a quick look shows that I have a lot of work to do ;-( All of the
> wheels seem to be quite loose. Maybe I shouldn't have bought this. Ignorance was easier. Looks
> like a good tool. It's a simple design which you don't see in the pictures, It's a piece of bent
> spring wire with a screw adjuster. Would probably degrade over time but for home use on a few sets
> of wheels it should be fine. You'll be surprised at how much a spoke deflects with this tool. My
> TS-7 wheel truing stand arrives on Tuesday with a new rim and spokes.
>
> I'm using an XT disk hub, DTSwiss 14/15 spokes, and a Mavic 317 ;-)
>
> DTW .../\.../\.../\...

Nice, those are probably what my wheels are going to be built up with. Now I just need a bike and
fork with disc tabs.... ;)

Jon "Com" Bond

"D T W .../\..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:dL8%[email protected]...
> Hey Slacker,
>
> Got my TM-1 from Excel yesterday. I have 5 wheels. 4 store bought and one, I made. I haven't
> tested all of the spokes yet but a quick look shows that I have a lot of work to do ;-( All of the
> wheels seem to be quite loose. Maybe I shouldn't have bought this. Ignorance was easier. Looks
> like a good tool. It's a simple design which you don't see in the pictures, It's a piece of bent
> spring wire with a screw adjuster. Would probably degrade over time but for home use on a few sets
> of wheels it should be fine. You'll be surprised at how much a spoke deflects with this tool. My
> TS-7 wheel truing stand arrives on Tuesday with a new rim and spokes.
>
> I'm using an XT disk hub, DTSwiss 14/15 spokes, and a Mavic 317 ;-)

Thanks for the info!

--
Slacker