To All San Diego Area Cyclists

Thomas Reynolds

Guest
In case you were not aware the 20th annual Race Across America starts in San Diego this year. It
begins downtown near the foot of Broadway by the Star of India and Anthony's Fish Grotto. The start
time is this Sunday, June 15th, at 7:00 A.M.

The organizers are inviting all local cyclists to join them in the 20 mile controlled start. The
controlled start begins at the Star of India and continues through the city, ending at the corner of
Mollison and Broadway in El Cajon, where the race actually begins.

Even if your not into endurance cycling, if enought riders join in we can make a positive statement
about cycling in San Diego.

Please tell everyone you think might be interested.

Tom

Thomas Reynolds wrote:
> The organizers are inviting all local cyclists to join them in the 20 mile controlled start. The
> controlled start begins at the Star of India and continues through the city, ending at the corner
> of Mollison and Broadway in El Cajon, where the race actually begins.

I've been searching the raceacrossamerica.org site and I can find nothing about this. Is
it official?

--Bill Davidson

Bill Davidson <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<MR7Ga.81123$MJ5.12869@fed1read03>...
> Thomas Reynolds wrote:
> > The organizers are inviting all local cyclists to join them in the 20 mile controlled start. The
> > controlled start begins at the Star of India and continues through the city, ending at the
> > corner of Mollison and Broadway in El Cajon, where the race actually begins.
>
> I've been searching the raceacrossamerica.org site and I can find nothing about this. Is it
> official?
>
> --Bill Davidson

Its passed around to the local clubs. Come join us.

[email protected] (Thomas Reynolds) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Bill Davidson <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<MR7Ga.81123$MJ5.12869@fed1read03>...
> > Thomas Reynolds wrote:
> > > The organizers are inviting all local cyclists to join them in the 20 mile controlled start.
> > > The controlled start begins at the Star of India and continues through the city, ending at the
> > > corner of Mollison and Broadway in El Cajon, where the race actually begins.
> >
> > I've been searching the raceacrossamerica.org site and I can find nothing about this. Is it
> > official?
> >
> > --Bill Davidson
>
> Its passed around to the local clubs. Come join us.

Yeah! The perfect way to ******** the motorists in San Diego. Why can't cyclists use their heads for
something besides the helmet?

[email protected] (Michael Pearlman) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> Yeah! The perfect way to ******** the motorists in San Diego. Why can't cyclists use their heads
> for something besides the helmet?

What is your problem? This is not critical-mass. If it was, then it wouldn't begin at 7:00 A.M. on a
Sunday morning and be over by 9:00, before most motorists are even awake.

This is the Race Across America. It has a controlled start. RAAM riders are penalized for running
stop signs and can be removed from the race for severely disrupting traffic.

Inviting local cyclists to join in the controlled start is something that RAAM has been doing for
years. It is a POSITIVE statement, as I said in my original post. It is also fun.

Enjoy cycling and stop seeing the world so black.

I'm sorry. I hate flames, but, man this really annoyed me.