To All Users of Zefal Alaskan Graph Floor Pump

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by SniperX, Jul 12, 2008.

1. SniperX

SniperX New Member

just want to check with you guys about the analog gauge of the pump.. noticed that there isnt the usual transparent glass covering the needle and the gauge as found on other makes of floor pumps.. is this normal? and also there is only a black needle as compared to the picture on the box which shows 2 needles ( black and red) on the gauge? is this how it is meant to be or is this a faulty pump?

Tags:

2. kdelong

kdelong Well-Known Member

I don't have one of these pumps, BUT, it sounds as if the cover glass is missing on your pump. There should be a cover glass, and what you see as being a red dial is actually a red arrow that is painted on the glass. This is so that you can rotate the cover glass so that the arrow is aligned with the pressure that you are going to pump up. When you see the pump dial line up with the arrow, you know that you have hit your pressure. I would return the pump to where I bought it and get a replacement.

3. SniperX

SniperX New Member

But the problem is I cannot seem to find any grooves or any signs to show that a glass can actually be fitted. It appears that it was made to be like that ? cant be too sure though

4. kdelong

kdelong Well-Known Member

I don't know how the cover glass is fitted on the Zefal, but take my word for it or check thier website, there is supposed to be one on it. No engineer in their right mind would design a gage with an exposed needle like that. It is too fragile for the amount of care(or abuse) that the typical owner would give it.