to be read by morons only please

Thornbury South

Guest
You know who you are? To the few moronic persons on here, I am just happy that your messages on my
webpages can at least be DELETED by me which is what I would like to do with you. You really are a
pain and if I could only..... Get a life and leave me alone. I would genuinely like to know what
lives you lead? Get liveing but not in my world this is just what this group is about-moronic
whinging. Best regards to everyone on here who for the most are good people and I am sorry to place
this message. John.
PS The webpages are by a amateur and are not for clever dicks to view, just for a pleasent little
time wasteing!

--
John, Pauline & Hannah. Thornbury, South Gloucestershire. UK. http://www.pbase.com/john28july

"Thornbury South Gloucestershire" <jsbr12499 @NOSPAMblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> You know who you are? To the few moronic persons on here, I am just happy that your messages on
my
> webpages can at least be DELETED by me which is what I would like to do
with
> you. You really are a pain and if I could only..... Get a life and leave me alone. I would
> genuinely like to know what lives
you
> lead? Get liveing but not in my world this is just what this group is about-moronic whinging. Best
> regards to everyone on here who for the most are good people and I
am
> sorry to place this message. John.
> PS The webpages are by a amateur and are not for clever dicks to view,
just
> for a pleasent little time wasteing!
>

> --
> John, Pauline & Hannah. Thornbury, South Gloucestershire. UK. http://www.pbase.com/john28july

Just had the following personal email from the above:

" Richard thank you for your sarcasm. I am not do not wish to be and hope I never am a photographer
and never ever intend to enter a CTC competition. I would be up against whizo boys who live and
breath cameras. I do hope you realize your mistake in putting out such nasty comment on UK rec
Cycling? You will live to regret your sarcasm I assure you. Keep your silly road and paths for cycle
ideas to yourself please. Also if as THOUSANDS of daily visitors to my pages you wish to comment,
you are welcome-but do not try to be clever-you will regret it. Best regards, John WE DO NOT HAVE A
CAMPERVAN AS YOU WILL SEE IF YOU AGAIN VISIT MY PAGES.

John, Pauline & Hannah. Thornbury, South Gloucestershire. UK. http://www.pbase.com/john28july"

Use your own judgement on moron analsis

Cheers

Rich

Hello, Richard Burton who has left the last message is a representative of the CTC. I my
judgement not a very good example. I have no wish to associate myself any longer with the CTC.
Kind regards, John.

--
John, Pauline & Hannah. Thornbury, South Gloucestershire. UK. http://www.pbase.com/john28july

Richard Burton quoted:
> Just had the following personal email from the above:

Steady on Richard. I think I've mentioned to you before that it's considered extremely poor
netiquette to quote private e-mails in a public forum without permission. John's e-mail and website
seem harmless enough to me - is there really any reason for the personal attacks (going both ways)
both here and in the local cycling mailing lists?

> WE DO NOT HAVE A CAMPERVAN AS YOU WILL SEE IF YOU AGAIN VISIT MY PAGES.

You sold it then John?

I wouldn't get too irate about campervan jibes - you are *never* going to live that one down.

Thomas Paine

I hesitated and considered long and hard before making a contribution to this thread, but ...

I am sure that John may be a nice guy deep down BUT he does seem to have a habit of rubbing people
up the wrong way - he has had numerous run-ins with people on this newsgroup before and on the
Moulton (Topica) bicycle board too - perhaps his (John's) enthusiasm, and availability of time, make
him a bit trigger happy on the keyboard - a variation on the old adage about putting your brain into
gear before your mouth - but in this case the fingers.

To my recollection John has "resigned" from newsgroups before ... having taken offence at responses,
and vowing not to participate ever again - but then reappears.

Perhaps he should make his mind up.

The moral is perhaps for John to consider his responses before hitting the "send" button - and for
the other newsgroup users to take the guy's enthusiasm in the spirit with which it was intended.

Without wishing to appear rude, if I spot posts from John on this or the Moulton group I simply
ignore them (although he does sometimes have some interesting stuff on ebay).

If you are not interested in what he has to say or wants to share then you don't have to look.

That way everyone can be happy.

RG

"Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Richard Burton quoted:
> > Just had the following personal email from the above:
>
> Steady on Richard. I think I've mentioned to you before that it's considered extremely poor
> netiquette to quote private e-mails in a public forum without permission. John's e-mail and
> website seem harmless enough to me - is there really any reason for the personal attacks (going
> both ways) both here and in the local cycling mailing lists?
>
> > WE DO NOT HAVE A CAMPERVAN AS YOU WILL SEE IF YOU AGAIN VISIT MY PAGES.
>
> You sold it then John?
>
> I wouldn't get too irate about campervan jibes - you are *never* going to live that one down.
>
> --
> Danny Colyer (remove safety to reply) ( http://www.juggler.net/danny ) Recumbent cycle page:
> http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/recumbents/ "He who dares not offend cannot be honest." -
> Thomas Paine

John,

Given the provocative nature of this subject, I've just visited your web site out of curiosity.

Can I just congratulate you on getting copyright clearance for the commercial images on your site.
What? you haven't got any? Oh dear.....

Have a look at the Copyright Myths on http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html.

---------------------------
Peter Connolly UK

"Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Richard Burton quoted:
> > Just had the following personal email from the above:
>
> Steady on Richard. I think I've mentioned to you before that it's considered extremely poor
> netiquette to quote private e-mails in a public forum without permission.

Not to me Danny, but I take your point. I'm just fed up with continually being harrassed with
irrelevant stupid comments from someone who seems to have taken a personal dislike to me, for what
reason I know not.

One of the points of putting his email on this public forum was to show that he appeared to be
blaming me for some comments that I didn't make e.g. something about camper vans. He is now
threatening me with reporting me to the CTC (oh horror!) for comments that I didn't make, when I
made no claims to even be a member of the CTC, let alone representing it. I really think John should
do a very serious reality check, followed by a return to earth. If he's ever made any useful
comments, I've never seen them.

I've kill-filed him now anyway, so won't be receiving any more of his wierd idiocies.

cheers

Rich

"RG" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I hesitated and considered long and hard before making a contribution to this thread, but ...
>
> I am sure that John may be a nice guy deep down BUT he does seem to have a habit of rubbing people
> up the wrong way - he has had numerous run-ins
with
> people on this newsgroup before and on the Moulton (Topica) bicycle board too - perhaps his
> (John's) enthusiasm, and availability of time, make him
> bit trigger happy on the keyboard - a variation on the old adage about putting your brain into
> gear before your mouth - but in this case the fingers.
>
> To my recollection John has "resigned" from newsgroups before ... having taken offence at
>
> Perhaps he should make his mind up.
>
> The moral is perhaps for John to consider his responses before hitting the "send" button - and for
> the other newsgroup users to take the guy's enthusiasm in the spirit with which it was intended.
>
> Without wishing to appear rude, if I spot posts from John on this or the Moulton group I simply
> ignore them (although he does sometimes have some interesting stuff on ebay).
>
> If you are not interested in what he has to say or wants to share then you don't have to look.

Sensible advice, thanks. I have already kill-filed him on my personal email, as from now, I'll just
do what most other people do, ignore him.

Cheers

Rich