To be young and stupid...but I'm not young...hmmmm

GinaNY

Aug 28, 2007
So I got my new road bike yesterday (Friday) and I'm all excited. The difference between that and my hybrid is increadable. Also, my hybrid is an entry level and my road bike is more of an "enthusiast" level. Nice.

Anyway, being the not so young but still stupid person I am, I'm taking this new bike on a 50 mile ride tomorrow. Did I mention this is my first bike with clipless pedals?

This is going to be so fun.:rolleyes: I just drove the course (nice of them to put the signs up a day early!) and there are some hills - like - a lot. Guess I'll know what I'm made of by tomorrow afternoon.

I did a 39 mile ride on my hybrid Tuesday, on the road and seem to have survived. I hope the road bike makes the diffence I expect it to. I will say standing with the clippless pedals is SO much better!!

I am rambling but my I'm so excited! Of course it is raining today so I can't even practice!

Congratulations on your new bike. Sounds like you have a nice ride planned for tomorrow.

I would definitely spend some time in advance getting acquainted with your clipless pedals and making any necessary adjustments to them, especially since it sounds like you'll be riding in some traffic.

ilmooz said:
Congratulations on your new bike. Sounds like you have a nice ride planned for tomorrow.

I would definitely spend some time in advance getting acquainted with your clipless pedals and making any necessary adjustments to them, especially since it sounds like you'll be riding in some traffic.
I did get the hang of the peddals last night at the bike shop - spent a few hours there getting everything adjusted as well as we could. So I kept having to leave the shop, ride around testing things, then return, so I did have to get in and out of them quite a few times. Could I use some more practice, yea - but I'm not afraid. I mean, I did go down of course, but it didn't really hurt. I mean, when you're messing up getting in or out of them, you're going pretty slowly because you're either just starting or stopping. I seem to be good at the stopping - even when a truck pulled out on me I clipped out no problem. But starting is harder. My shoe keeps slipping as I get the bike moving, but I'll be alright. I mean, I don't have to stop and start much tomorrow...I hope.

Thanks for the advice - I need it!:)

I hope you got a good fit.

You might be a bit sore from the new bike because it will fit differently from the bike you are used to.

Yojimbo_ said:
I hope you got a good fit.

You might be a bit sore from the new bike because it will fit differently from the bike you are used to.
I'm worried about that too, but I have a cut out seat and so far, it seems very comfy.

I'll let you know tomorrow - if I'm in any shape to limp to the computer...:rolleyes:

Jamis Quest, woman's version. I posted a thread about my ride today. I am so hooked - I haven't been this proud of myself since having natural childbirth. Actually, the similarities are a little eerie... Sure you can't do it, experiencing pain, doing it anyway and being proud at the end. hmmm...:confused: