To Carla, Jimbo, Greg and the rest of the freaks

Ifjoe

Guest
Hello all, (I'm still around on and off.)

This weekend Tinker Juarez, Ian Davidson (Sobe/Cann.) and Chris Eatough (Trek) raced here in
Puerto Rico.

We met Friday with a bunch of guys for a practice ride near my hometown. These guys are fast!

Sunday, Tinker lapped me twice and Ian once. Chris had a flat tire and bike problems so he DNF...
What a race! What a weekend!

Yesterday we did a 3hrs+ ride with Chris before he left for the airport...

News and picture links later...(too much work now and my legs are killing me :)

Take care all you freaks,

IFJoe

"IFJoe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
> Hello all, (I'm still around on and off.)
>
> This weekend Tinker Juarez, Ian Davidson (Sobe/Cann.) and Chris Eatough (Trek) raced here in
> Puerto Rico.
>
> We met Friday with a bunch of guys for a practice ride near my hometown. These guys are fast!
>
> Sunday, Tinker lapped me twice and Ian once. Chris had a flat tire and bike problems so he DNF...
> What a race! What a weekend!
>
> Yesterday we did a 3hrs+ ride with Chris before he left for the airport...
>
> News and picture links later...(too much work now and my legs are killing
me :)

> Take care all you freaks,
>
> IFJoe

Look in the mirror, you freak :)

Glad to hear that the racing season is coming along nicely for you, keep up the good work! Its tough
keeping up with the pros...anyways, get those pics posted soon.

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

"IFJoe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hello all, (I'm still around on and off.)
>
> This weekend Tinker Juarez, Ian Davidson (Sobe/Cann.) and Chris Eatough (Trek) raced here in
> Puerto Rico.
>
> We met Friday with a bunch of guys for a practice ride near my hometown. These guys are fast!
>
> Sunday, Tinker lapped me twice and Ian once. Chris had a flat tire and bike problems so he DNF...
> What a race! What a weekend!
>
> Yesterday we did a 3hrs+ ride with Chris before he left for the airport...
>
> News and picture links later...(too much work now and my legs are killing me :)
>
> Take care all you freaks,
>
> IFJoe

Did someone say "freaks"? Good to hear you are doing well Joe.

JD

Hi JD!

Heres a RR from Chris:

"Race: MEDALLA LIGHT ULTIMATE DIRT CHALLENGE II Venue: Rincon, Puerto Rico Date: Sunday March 23rd

What a way to start out the mountain bike racing season! 5 days in the sunny Caribbean, including
surfing, snorkeling, and one of the most exciting mountain bike events of the year. Thanks to Doel
Gonzalez of the Ciclomundo chain of bicycle shops (Puerto Rico's #1 Trek dealer), I was one of 4
Americans invited to the Ultimate Dirt Challenge, the others being; Anthony Tortorice (AKA Pogi,
Stunt rider for Trek/VW East Coast Factory Team), Tinker Juarez (multi time XC and 24 Hr National
Champion, 2 time Olympian, mountain bike legend) Ian Davidson (former Masters National XC Champion,
and my host/training partner during my winters in Clemson, South Carolina). The event was a huge
success by all accounts. 450 racers was a good turnout, but even more impressive was the 4000+
spectators that enjoyed the festivities during the day. There was plenty to keep them entertained,
including Pogi's stunt show, the rapid XC racing, autograph signings, swag handouts, and food/drink
vendors. The course was a fast 3-mile loop with doubletrack climbs, tight singletrack trails, and
magnificent ocean views. We were scheduled for 8 laps, and my race was going perfectly for the first
3.5 laps, as I was feeling strong and had opened up a 30 second lead over Tinker. Then disaster
struck in the form of a flat front tire. Even worse, my air cartridge malfunctioned, so I was unable
to re-inflate the tire, leaving me unable to finish the race. Tinker went on to win, and Ian won the
Master's race. It was impossible to stay disappointed for long, however, as the high spirits of the
Puerto Rican racers and spectators cheered me up, and we all enjoyed the rest of the daylong event.
The best part of the trip was the new friends I made in Puerto Rico. The hospitality of the
Ciclomundo guys and the folks at Beyond the Point beachfront hotel was amazing, and I definitely
plan on returning next year (with an EXTRA air cartridge in my pocket!)."

Still looking for some photos of the event...back to work IF"SS Newbie"Joe