To cycle or be given a lift, that is the question

Lee

Guest
ok, dilemma time (well not really but lets pretend)

It was raining quite heavily here not too long ago and I rang my g/f and asked her to give me a lift
home. Now its niceish again (i.e. not raining) - shall i cycle home or get a lift?

Ive already said to her I will cycle but am I mad?????

Lee

Lee wrote:

> It was raining quite heavily here not too long ago and I rang my g/f and asked her to give me a
> lift home. Now its niceish again (i.e. not raining) - shall i cycle home or get a lift?
>
> Ive already said to her I will cycle but am I mad?????

That depends on all sorts of factors... But as a Top Tip if you have a folding bike that will easily
fit in a car boot/bus/taxi then it's really easy to cheat in one direction only when circumstances
suggest it's for the best.

Pete.
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

>Ive already said to her I will cycle but am I mad?????

Nah - cycle, & when you get home all sweaty, you can have a nice warm bath and she can scrub
your back ;-)

Cheers, helen s

fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$ do not post my correct 1 on
*any* public forum - thanks

In article <[email protected]>,
gnippernospampleasemuchly@nospampleasemuchlyverymuch.btinternet.com says...
> shall i cycle home or get a lift?

Cycle ,you will only notice the rain for the first 200 yrds

"Lee" <gnippernospampleasemuchly@nospampleasemuchlyverymuch.btinternet.com> writes:

> ok, dilemma time (well not really but lets pretend)
>
> It was raining quite heavily here not too long ago and I rang my g/f and asked her to give me a
> lift home. Now its niceish again (i.e. not raining) - shall i cycle home or get a lift?
>
> Ive already said to her I will cycle but am I mad?????

Not in the least. I went over to see a friend this morning; had a choice of sixteen mile round trip
over the hill or eighteen mile round trip on the road, so needless to say I took the hill bike. It
was bitterly cold going over the top, with a fine rain on the wind; but it was also absolutely
gorgeous. Also, apart from stopping to open gates, I didn't put a foot down once. Which considering
the ridge is 250 metres, pleased me not a little.

Up here, at any rate, it's actually nice cycling weather (and the autumn colours this year are
spectacular).

Wise man with foot in mouth use opportunity to clean toes.
;; the Worlock

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:04:38 +0100, marc <marccdimspamremovedimspamto
[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>,
>gnippernospampleasemuchly@nospampleasemuchlyverymuch.btinternet.com says...
>> shall i cycle home or get a lift?
>
>Cycle ,you will only notice the rain for the first 200 yrds

I get wetter dashing 200metres to the car than cycling 4 miles in the proper gear.

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 16:12:40 +0100 someone who may be "Lee"
<gnippernospampleasemuchly@nospampleasemuchlyverymuch.btinternet.com> wrote this:-

>It was raining quite heavily here not too long ago and I rang my g/f and asked her to give me a
>lift home. Now its niceish again (i.e. not raining) - shall i cycle home or get a lift?

There is no such thing as bad weather. There is only bad clothing.